• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High CPU usgae on windows machine after updating to XD 42.1 version

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After new update of adobe XD on windows PC, My CPU utilization is at 100% most of the times. This freezes my PC and make it unusable. I have to kill and restart XD every 20 minutes which is very frustrating.

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.80 GHz

Ram 

6.0 GB (15.8 GB usable

OS version

Windows 10 Pro

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Hi All,

We really appreciate your patience. The team hears you all and they are able to fix this performance issue. We highly encourage you to please update XD to 43 version and let us know if your issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These steps were part of my troubleshooting process as well & I've seen improved performance, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new bug.  It regularly takes up all remaining CPU cycles.  To do what?  I don't know.  

This is yet another in an endless stream of amateur-hour bugs and problems that makes its way into XD.  How is this software still so crappy and bug-ridden after so many years?  Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the frustration. This is a know issue that we are tracking here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/high-cpu-usgae-on-windows-machine-after-updating-to-xd-42-1-... and the team is working on it. 

We would request you to please share the informaion asked in the post shared so that we can raise a separate bug for your machine and team can investigate it separately.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello support,

Here is the link for the dump file https://we.tl/t-lrDClZLHZE

Please fix this as soon as possible, we can't delay our work any more.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Guys, but your politic to Customers are sucks. I work as Freelancer and half of my Clients work with XD. We all are so struggle and frustrated that we decided to shift over to Figma, they make her Homework better and listen on her Customers.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We really appreciate your patience. The team hears you all and they are able to fix this performance issue. We highly encourage you to please update XD to 43 version and let us know if your issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xenio5E5D_0-1643784947225.png

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA 

I have lates version and still I'm facing this issue. Can you please tell if this issue will be solved or not.. I need to inform teh managemnet.. Lot of my tasks are getting delayed because of this.. If it won't get resolved then wil have to swith to Figma.. Please let me know by when this issue wil be resolved

Thanks 

Xenio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue still persists on v43. Although this time I notice my CPU load isn't high when it crashes.

On launching XD the CPU sits at 100% for about 1 minute or two then settles down. If I then open another file it spikes back up to around 60% but doesn't crash. It settled down again back to almost 0% after a few second. Then I opened a third file it crashed. Although when it crashed the CPU load was actually very light on XD, only around 12%. It it the same crash behaviour as before; the home screen opens and begins to load the tiles for the recent files but never finishes rendering them so certain elements on the tiles aren't fully loaded

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repliacted the above several times and it seems like there is no correlation between the number of files I open and when it crashes. I managed to open as many as four, but on several attempts (tried about 9 experiments in total) it crashed when opening only the second file. Again my CPU load was fairly light this time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share system logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and spin dump file by following the steps shared below:

• Mac
    • Launch Activity Monitor
    • Select Adobe XD process (might show as “Not Responding”)
    • Click on the gear in the upper left of the Activity Monitor
    • Select “Spindump”
    • This will generate a text file
  • Win
    • Launch Task Manager
    • Select the Adobe XD process
    • Right click on the Adobe XD process
    • Select “Create dump file”
    • This will generate a binary file

Please add both the file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the respone. Dump file is available from the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iRPhCS7onG6takiFSW8ntayeUQTIYLl6/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, samstreet101 for sharing the dump file. We've logged a bug for you issue. Could you please also share the XD file that is causing the issue and the OS you're working on? For more investigation, please generate Adobe logs and upload them to a shared location such a Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM.

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem Harshika,

There is no specific file that these crashes happen with but I've uploaded a few example files to this folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Vfj4lSzpBab1c_G-WyvciPFJuSPTkRKo?usp=sharing

I'm using Windows 10 Pro_64 bit, version 21H1, build 10.0.19043

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD_0-1629251268783.png

There is no meaning of malicious comparison. I have always used XD to work. The files I opened in Figma are larger than those opened in XD, but the memory usage of XD is much larger than that of Figma. It is also a cloud document. The gap is a bit unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried uninstalling, but it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi XD 高手,

Thank you for your patience. Are you still experiening the issue in XD 43 version? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems that this issue is back again after the latest update XD v 45.0.62

Loading a cloud document kills my machine, when working on a cloud document my pc dies during auto save. If I work on a local document the application is just really buggy with freezes and crashes, usually around the point where the document is saved.

Previous version was fine. Although I can't roll back to it because my latest cloud documents won't open in it.

Sort it out adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Surrey Creative,

We are sorry for the frustration. We will make sure to investigate the issue again. We would request you to please share the details again with me over a Private message so that I can escalate it further.

Please generae logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and spin dump file by following the steps shared below:

• Mac
    • Select “Spindump”
  • Win
    • Launch Task Manager
    • Right click on the Adobe XD process
    • Select “Create dump file”
    • This will generate a binary file

Add both the file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link with me over a PM.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having issues with this. Sometimes my activity monitor says XD is using over 200% of my CPU. How is that even possible? Even when I created a brand new workspace with very little in it, it is still having these massive performance issues. I am about to convince my company to switch programs if this isn't resolved soon. SINCE JULY we are still having performance issues, and deleting / reinstalling does nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 months later and no response from Adobe? i am having these issues again and being forced to consider moving everything to Figma, What is your problem Adobe? Why dont you respond to these questions and why isnt this fixed? If I have to wait several seconds for each action to be processed, especially when working on Cloud documents then I can not justify the continued use of XD.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Bettina24132327vukq,

We understand how frustrating it could be for you. I'd feel the same in your situation. However, we would love to investigate and escalate the issue to the engineering team. If you allow, we would need logs and spindumps from your machine, which will help the engineering team find the root cause of the issue.

Steps to collect spindumps:-

• Mac
    • Select “Spindump”
  • Win
    • Launch Task Manager
    • Right-click on the Adobe XD process
    • Select “Create dump file.”
    • This will generate a binary file.

Add both the file logs and spindumps to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link with me over a private message.

Please also share the version of XD and the operating system you're working on.

I will make sure to log a bug for the issue and try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines