• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How i can move master component to another document and don't lose linked master state

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helllo, the problem is...

Exemple: i have 4 documents, in each documents i have many diferents master components. I want to move all the master components from the differents documents to a new document (new document just for a master components) to organaise the work. 

If i do copy the masters components from the old documents and i move to the new document for a master components, paste and make it as a local component, i'll lose the link of each master component with their soon oweride components it had in the document it was. 

How i can do to move the master component to the new document but keeping the link of the soon components it have in the old document?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Hi, unfortunately there is no way to do it. Because of this I'm used to work with several files opened at once - one for master components and another for my design itself.

There is a workaround, but only to separate master components from an actual design for each file at a time (separately):

1 - Switch your design to Prototype mode, select all (Ctrl+A), copy (Ctrl+C)

2 - Create a new file, switch it to Prototype mode and paste (CTRL+V) - it will paste all your design (with all actions) and make a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, unfortunately there is no way to do it. Because of this I'm used to work with several files opened at once - one for master components and another for my design itself.

There is a workaround, but only to separate master components from an actual design for each file at a time (separately):

1 - Switch your design to Prototype mode, select all (Ctrl+A), copy (Ctrl+C)

2 - Create a new file, switch it to Prototype mode and paste (CTRL+V) - it will paste all your design (with all actions) and make all components linked to the original file.

3 - Delete your design from original file.

This way you will have a separate file with master components for each of your designs. I know this is not what you were asking for, but this is the closest you can get. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Moterxz, i supposed already, well let's see if they take note about that. I'll make test about your advice at the moment. Thanks a lot for helpping me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines