• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a circle cursor in Adobe XD?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a prototype on Windows using Adobe XD and I want the cursor to be a circle, not a finger because it doesn't look good for a mobile device. I watched some videos on youtube and the cursor on MAC is a circle and it seems to me a pretty unreasonable decision to not have this feature on Windows.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

So if anyone is interested I found a solution. You can generate your own cursor, save it as png, jpeg etc. and use an online converter to convert it from .png to .cur. Then in windows-mouse settings-additional mouse settings-pointers you can change the default Select and Link select cursors. However, for some reason Adobe XD doesnt' recognise the new link cursor and the finger cursor is still visible. So this only works for clicking.

Edit: this works when you share the prototype for review and o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I read there really isn't such a feature????? Is there at least some extension or some way to go around this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the feature that you are looking for Library of mouse cursors – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs​ ?

If so, please upvote the feature request to stay tuned to the latest announcements around it.  You can also use the link to log a new request in case the idea suggested doesn't match with your requirements.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's it. So I guess there really isn't another cursor on Windows for now?

Definitely a must that needs to be considered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if anyone is interested I found a solution. You can generate your own cursor, save it as png, jpeg etc. and use an online converter to convert it from .png to .cur. Then in windows-mouse settings-additional mouse settings-pointers you can change the default Select and Link select cursors. However, for some reason Adobe XD doesnt' recognise the new link cursor and the finger cursor is still visible. So this only works for clicking.

Edit: this works when you share the prototype for review and open it in browser however you need to use the screen capture to record it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please help change link cursor 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get the circle cursor to show up in my published XD prototype. Right now, it's just my default computer arror cursor - it's hard to emphasize what I'm clicking on since it's a mobile wireframe. 

How can I get the circle cursor to show up when I'm in my prototype? I've read that it's possible in another post but it wasn't clear how I can get that to work. Any help would be much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julie,

Thank you for reaching out. I have found a similar discussion happened in past here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/circle-cursor-in-adobe-xd/td-p/10323874?page=1

I would request you to please check the correct answer of this post and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harshika,

I saw that post a while back but that would only work on my own computer. I'm wondering if there's something I can do within Adobe XD so that the circle cursor would pop up for other people viewing my prototype (on different computers).

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid to say that the feature isn't available with in XD as far as I know. I have seen similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/31387420-library-o...

I would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Julie5FD4

check this out: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/circle-cursor-in-adobe-xd/td-p/10323874?page=1

Also please for future posts: XD Version, OS Version etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines