• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install fonts in Adobe XD?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I install fonts in Adobe creative XD?

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

XD should load all fonts you have installed on your OS.  If you just installed a new font then please restart XD in order to have access to them. Here's a link to how you can install fonts using Font Book: Mac Basics: Font Book - Apple Support

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Hi All,

I hope you're doing well!

We would like to inform you that if you want to use your fonts in the XD the app, you can upload the fonts to the Creative Cloud Desktop app by following the steps mentioned in this article which will appear across Adobe apps and other desktop applications.

If it's an individual account, the fonts only need to be installed on your desktop to use in XD on desktop.

The fonts activated via an Adobe fonts site will be available in XD and other Adobe apps automa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD should load all fonts you have installed on your OS.  If you just installed a new font then please restart XD in order to have access to them. Here's a link to how you can install fonts using Font Book: Mac Basics: Font Book - Apple Support

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

What about to create a gradient?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works great when I'm viewing the project on my desktop but when I sync it to view on my iPhone, the fonts are missing. I'm using the Google font Barlow which is not in Typekit. Am I doing something wrong or am I forced to use only fonts available in Typekit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you resolve this? I am in exactly the same position and my client is getting upset!

THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem viewing on Iphone

When I know something, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Betty30963934ipzs,

Thank you for reaching out. Please learn about XD here: https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/learn/get-started/what-is-adobe-xd-used-for.html.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fonts are missing when you publish it to your mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Works with the public link, but not with the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about Windows. XD keeps telling me 1 or 3 fonts missing. Do I need to install the Adobe fonts? Also, how will this work with the Free Starter XD plan. How do users choose the one font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to open an XD file you have to have the fonts used in that file installed in your system - this is true for any file, not just for XD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the font file Macho activated in Adobe Cloud. I had a whole design layout in XD. It says that Macho is not available on all fronts. Very frustrating when in the middle of a project. I will try restarting XD, but it seems like a similar problem and perhaps a glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Macho fonts in XD. Could you please confirm if you are able to see the font in the Creative Cloud desktop app? We would also suggest to please try the steps mentioned in this article:https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have had trouble with Adobe Cloud since I bought it. Considering how much it costs it should work. I have a brand new computer with plenty of space. This past winter and spring I had to reinstall Adobe Cloud many many times. The installation process always would stop at 8 percent. This was in the middle of projects and many times 48-64 hours would pass where I could not get Adobe Cloud to function or install. I just went to Adobe Fonts and Deactivated all the individual variations of Macho. I then reactivated them. They are not appearing in Adobe Cloud. Are you instructing me to reinstall Adobe Cloud? It does not consistently work. Now I am running behind on this project, and I really think this is a bug that Adobe should fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I hope you're doing well!

We would like to inform you that if you want to use your fonts in the XD the app, you can upload the fonts to the Creative Cloud Desktop app by following the steps mentioned in this article which will appear across Adobe apps and other desktop applications.

If it's an individual account, the fonts only need to be installed on your desktop to use in XD on desktop.

The fonts activated via an Adobe fonts site will be available in XD and other Adobe apps automatically. Please ensure that the fonts sync with the Creative Cloud desktop app.

If you're trying to view the prototype link over a mobile wherein the font used does not appear, please ensure that you have those fonts installed on your mobile devices.

Please let us know if you need further assistance. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines