• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to shrink a header on scroll down in Adobe XD?

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the above possible in XD? So when you scroll down the page, the header stays where it is (I know how to make a sticky header) but the logo also shrinks so it doesn't take up as much space as it does when it's full size.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

You can't currently trigger events/interactions when you scroll so you can't make this perfectly yet.

One way you could prototype this is to create different arboards, which one showing the shrunken header. It won't happen on scroll, but you could link to that artboard so someone can see what it looks like when it's shrunken.

Another thing you "might" be able to do (depending on your design) is to hide the shrunken fixed header behind the current header. If the shrunken header position is fi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your idea. I am not sure of the way but I found this UserVoice which I assume matches your requirements. Please check the page and confirm if this is the similar behavior you're looking for. 

I am also keeping the discussion open for our experts who might have any suggestions for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't currently trigger events/interactions when you scroll so you can't make this perfectly yet.

One way you could prototype this is to create different arboards, which one showing the shrunken header. It won't happen on scroll, but you could link to that artboard so someone can see what it looks like when it's shrunken.

Another thing you "might" be able to do (depending on your design) is to hide the shrunken fixed header behind the current header. If the shrunken header position is fixed, it could slide out from behind the larger one when you scroll. Again it's not perfect, but could some something close enough using the features we currently have.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much, Dan - that's very kind of you - might try that. John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines