Exit

I can not open my XD file.

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error.

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 15.29.42.png

And then, I checked error log on Console App.

Here is that.

1/15/17 14:51:30.796Adobe XD[27482]writing to output file got error: Result too large
1/15/17 14:51:30.796Adobe XD[27482]error processing data: Invalid argument
1/15/17 14:51:42.806ReportCrash[61770]Write failed to file /Users/*******/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Adobe XD_2017-01-15-145142_XanderAmith.crash - uid: 502 gid: 20, euid: 502 egid: 20 - error 28: No space left on device
1/15/17 14:51:42.806ReportCrash[61770]Failed to save crash report for Adobe XD[27482] (version 0.6.8.6 (0.6.8.6)) to file:///Users/*******/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Adobe%20XD_2017-01-15-145142_XanderAmith.crash.
1/15/17 14:51:42.821ReportCrash[61770]Process:               Adobe XD [27482]
1/15/17 14:51:42.821ReportCrash[61770]Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta)/Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta).app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe XD
1/15/17 14:51:42.821ReportCrash[61770]Responsible:           Adobe XD [27482]
1/15/17 14:51:42.833ReportCrash[61770]       0x10871b000 -        0x10a4c2fff +com.adobe.xd (0.6.8.6 - 0.6.8.6) <C28228FA-5223-34D5-B860-D6E7C44ECC3D> /Applications/Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta)/Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta).app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe XD

And I can not open Backup files by TimeMachine.

Why can't I open backup files too?

I have to fix this.

Due date is almost there.

Please help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

That definitely does not sound ideal to me. Can you try uninstalling using the Creative Cloud cleaner Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems and then reinstalling the software?

If you continue to have issues, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
It happened to me 2 times today. Is it due to the size of the images linked?

Please HELP too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try deleting images one by one to locate the source of the issue? How big are your image files? It is likely that either the size or the format of your files is leading to this issuue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm haveing the issue that i am not able to open the files as it takes too long time and hangs my system with it.Can you plz resolve the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, we'll try our best to help you with it. Could you please try the steps shared below:

1. Sign out of XD and Adobe CC Desktop app.
  2. Close CoreSync and all Adobe related processes from Task Manager/Activity Monitor.
  3. Sign back in on Adobe CC Desktop app and launch Adobe XD from there and check again if it works or not.

If this doesn't help, please share a few more details like:

• A screenshot of the About XD info page.
  • The version of the Operating System.
  • Is it happening with a local file or cloud file?
  • Is it happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  • Are you connected to a private network or a managed network like a work or school network?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used around 10 images of 4MB I think (format PNG and Tiff). I can't open the file anymore.
Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XavMat-

Can you please send us a copy of the XD file? You can upload it to a file sharing service and PM me with a link.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same problem. I can't find any way of accessing the file. Can I send it to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too. What should I do now? Need help please...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you DM me a link to your file? Thanks!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, did you resolve this?

I'm having exactly the same problem, if I can't fix it I'm going to have to scrap the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to share the link with us over a private message. To send a private message to Elaine or me, click our profile picture and share the link to your file with us.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am getting an error code: 86 while opeining my local xd file. Tried reinstalling creative cloud but still no luck. Is there any other solution to retrive my file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Can't open the file, 147 kb, no images linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristina,

If you are still facing this issue, I suggest getting in touch with Adobe Customer care contact-bumper for assistance.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't open my XD file. Please reach out with a contact to reach out to to help in restoring access to the file.

-Ayn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to upload your file to a shared location such as Dropbox or Creative Cloud and share the URL with me over a private message? To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with my file - it opens fine on another laptop (apple, macOS Sierra, 2016) with the latest XD version (7.0.12.09) but on this computer, (a 2017 iMac with the same version of XD) the file won't appear. I say appear because I click on my XD file itself and the animation showing it opens plays, and XD itself opens, but the file remains invisible. If I quit XD and reopen only the program, the file menu options for Open and New are inactive (see this link - Dropbox - Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 1.02.27 PM.png).​. This has happened multiple times, does any have any idea how I can access these files?!

my xd file

Dropbox - Artistry Start.xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try opening Adobe XD from the Creative Cloud application and then using File > Open to open your file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I used your file to open it on Adobe XD on my Windows computer. It opened up just fine. Does your computer meet the minimum system requirements specified in Adobe XD System requirements ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I don't think anything is wrong with the file. I hope Adobe isn't prioritizing dev for Windows...

Yes, new iMacs. New XD version. When I open XD, the File > New and File > Open menu options are greyed out. And when I drag and drop the file onto the program icon/shortcut, same thing happens as double-clicking - it animates briefly but does not actually open. However, I've found a bypass - I can open XD, open a new template, then drag and drop my file onto the open template, it will finally open. I'm sure this isn't the preferred method and would be great to see this major bug addressed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That definitely does not sound ideal to me. Can you try uninstalling using the Creative Cloud cleaner Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems and then reinstalling the software?

If you continue to have issues, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try. Doing this is not as easy as it sounds since my software is managed by our IT and they have other priorities. I will try and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines