• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images are missing from a local Xd file

Participant ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After saving, closing and reopening an Xd file, ~80% of images are missing.

It worked 2 hours ago. Now the images are gone. I have not changed anything. Images opacity is 100%. They just disappeared.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what version of Adobe XD are you using? What kind of images did you import? Does this problem also occur with other files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@italosanthe newest Xd, as I always do. The images started disappearing randomly from older files. This started happening after the last update. In fact, any bugs I come accross happens after new updates. There has not been a single Xd update, that did not broke this software for me.

I had to ditch the file and use an older copy, since this one was irreparable. It was a local file. No matter what I did, the images were not displayed. Just random images accross multiple 'artboards'. Some were cropped, others were imported directly onto the artboard, another were copy-n-pasted form photoshop or illustrator. It was random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for all this information. Try updating to the new version 41.0.12 and see if the problem occurs again. Also, I recommend that you uninstall the previous version using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool, in order to delete any corrupt files as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? Nobody from the support is eager to acknowledge there is a problem? Again?

Another XD crash today. The same thing - the restored file has NO IMAGES AT ALL. All of them, suddenly, gone. just like that. They are there, but for some reason they are not displayed.

1.jpg2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are sorry that the problem persists. I recommend that you contact Adobe support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same thing happen to me twice already as well. All images gone from local save file I have been working on for weeks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you test with new project.? Import 3-5 images and follow the steps that you mention. Do they disappeared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not consistent, so I cannot reproduce it. Yet it's there. It has something to do with file-restoring after XD crash.

Happened to me 2 or 3 times in only in this scenario: XD crashes, i reboot the program, the file loads automatically, images are gone. I'm won't even mention the fact I cannot save the file and keep working - I'm forced to save it as a new file and all my sharing links are gone - but Adobe does not seem to acknowledge there is a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the typos I was speed writing this one... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstallation of Adobe XD with Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool help me to solve the problem
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Did you try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem, all images are gone. 

The images are still listed as images in the elements overview, but only the frame can be seen, no more content. very frustrating. I sincerely hope that all of this is not lost!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce your bug on Win? Are you on Win OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on WINDOWS10 Enterprise.

We are 5 colleagues in the design department of an industrial company. My colleagues all have the same problem. We tested on all computers. They all work on Windows.

It is very unfortunate because files that we have been working with for a long time, that have a lot of content, are suddenly destroyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. And it is happing for all the images which are copy-pasted with "Paste Appearance" feature, shows image name loding but does not load at all. Rest all images are loading which are drag-dropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is happening for me too, but I have had this problem for maybe 6 month or more. I working local and alone on a windows computer. Do Adobe know what this might be? Why is this happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully this will help others, I found something that worked for me. It seems when I was working on these documents originally that XD supported displaying PSD files, and now it does not.

I was able to click into the missing element shape and select the invisible image, showing as just an empty box, then I could right-click that box and select, "Edit in Photoshop", which revealed the original image. I then saved it out as a PNG, and again right-clicked the empty box and selected, "Replace Element", then selected the PNG. Since this was a component I used everywhere it fixed it everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines