• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import ui kits question

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's probably extremely simple but I don't know how to import the ui kits into xd. when I click get ui kits I get a zip file. double clicking the zip file iOS-11-Beta-AdobeXD.zip shows a lot of folders but how  do I import it in XD?

hope you can help me with this.

Sander

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

When you unzip that file, you should only see three things inside it:

You can open the XD file directly in XD by double-clicking it or dragging it onto the XD Dock icon.  Optionally, you may first want to go into the Fonts folder and run the installer there to make sure you have all the necessary fonts on your system.

If you're seeing other stuff when you unzip the file, make sure you're getting the official UI Kit from https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

To continue this discussion, please post on this thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/IOS-UI-Kits-Downloading-as-dmg/td-p/9828169

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you have a look at the video in this URL and let us know if it helped?

How to Use Adobe XD UI Kits

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you unzip that file, you should only see three things inside it:

You can open the XD file directly in XD by double-clicking it or dragging it onto the XD Dock icon.  Optionally, you may first want to go into the Fonts folder and run the installer there to make sure you have all the necessary fonts on your system.

If you're seeing other stuff when you unzip the file, make sure you're getting the official UI Kit from https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! I'm having the same issue, but with Android's Material Design.

Experience Design redirects me to this URL:

Sticker sheets & icons - Resources - Material design guidelines

Unfortunately, there's no .xd file inside it.

delete.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WAIT! The issue got fixed? Apparently it was a problem on Google's end 😕 Maybe it renamed the .xd to .zip?

Are .xd files .zip files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! That was it! Google was messing up with the files, and it was renaming the .xd to .zip!!! OMG @_@ Suffering for three days for that silly thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter,

I have a similar issue. I got the XD files for all 3 packs and they open up fine when I run them.

However, I can't get them to 'install', as such. In the file menu, I still have the 'Get UI kits' option, instead of 'Open UI kits' as in the instructional video.

Is there a root folder I need ot copy the XD files into?

Thanks,

Szymon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szymon -- that instructional video is out of date: UI kit files are no longer built into Adobe XD.  This allows Apple, Google, etc. to keep them up to date as their style guides evolve, independent of the XD release cycle.

There is no way currently to "install" files into the UI Kits menu.  You have to open the kit from the Recent Files menu, drag the file onto XD, etc. each time you'd like to open it.  If you'd like a better shortcut, please add your vote to this request: Add your own custom UI Kits – Adobe XD Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe could have made these things a whole lot easier by synchronization of UI element via git hub or CDN links. Right now it is just adding cognitive load on non-technical users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the developers are a complete mess and designers are idiots. You make 2 versions for mac and windows, for windows everything like top menu, opening the UI kit and some other functions are available while in windows version they are missing what kind of product is that.

Is this some sort of politics going on then better you stop making software for windows and work with mac.

Adobe is doing partiality, shame on you. We(windows users) saved your photoshop when sketch was released against it and this how you say thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also works to drag a resource file to an open XD window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have downloaded the kit from the correct website. I have double checked it. The unzipped files I get are different than the ones you are showing. (See attached file) What do you think went wrong? I work on a pc.

Thank you in advance.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i am also having similar problem how to integrate the UI to XD, i am working with PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no i see .dmg on apple ui

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

per this post, you can use 7zip to unzip the dmg, which should render the xd files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am getting similar problems

getting too many files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To continue this discussion, please post on this thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/IOS-UI-Kits-Downloading-as-dmg/td-p/9828169

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines