• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to update linked Component - impossible to update {cloudDocumentName} because of an error

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my company is trying to use XD over a large scale now, but this problem encountered is really painful:

I have a main Design System cloud XD file with all my components, and child files for conception of the screens.

As I say in the title, some linked component won't update after being charged in the design system, causing an error and every updated component are unable to update with the update all button, it force us to update them one by one, but some component won't update at all causing an error (see file attached - translation: impossible to update {cloudDocumentName} because of an error ).
Worse now, if I create a new component in my main file and add it the child file, it does the same, as if any changes I make in the main document won't update in the child files. It 's impossible to use XD for professional uses for now if this can't be solved. Please be kind to make this a priority as we are numerous agencies to experiment this problem !!

The one thing I'm seeing is that it concerns components with multiple states inside linked component. And it began Wednesday 3rd of March, a day we encountered many lagging with Xd (files taking ages to open).

It seems to be a bug existing for quite some times without a solution :
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-update-all-button-not-updating-any-linked-component-i...
I tried a lot of solutions mentioned there, but nothing is working excepted re-doing the component.

Thank you for your attention!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We apologize for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the issue with XD 38.1 version? Could you please check this page: https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/learn/design-systems/managing-assets/work-with-linked-assets.html ... see if that helps?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines