• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Infinite loop updating libraries in XD 41 and 44 versions

Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... think I wrote about it some time ago, but haven't found it. So here goes again... its a time wasting and annoying issue, that prevents to update libraries between XD files, becoming tedious and frustrating to work and keepping updated any design system.

As you can see in the picture, it is what I see regularly after constantly jumping from original component libraries back and forth. Usualy, I've to wait for a while or repeat adjustments to update it into the linked files.

Now this looping prcess is getting more and more often. I log in-log out almost each day fro Adobe CC to avoid the daily issues... but it should to be solved. It's another wasting of time.

Capture.PNG

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Some fixes for handling of CC Libraries were released in v44.1. Please upgrade to this release and let us know your results.

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Hi all,

Here's a workaround solution that we would like you to try in the time this issue is fixed in the product.

• Group, and then ungroup, all elements in the document assets view of the libraries panel
  • If you do not have any custom groups, do the following
    • Give the new group a name
    • Select all assets of a specific type (i.e. all colors, all character styles, or all components)
    • Right click and select “New group from selection”
    • Select all the assets and drag them back to the top-level group
    • Del

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way... Windows 10 and last update of XD: 41.0.12.11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening after latest updates... think its an UI issue... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I tried to log out adobe creative cloud, restart my computer, log back in, click on the update library button, but still stuck in an infinite loop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that you're having trouble using Adobe XD.we already have a bug logged for this issue, the team is working on it and a fix is underway. You should be able to see this issue resolved in the upcoming releases.please download the latest version of XD and enjoy the new features.

Please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance and we will be happy to help.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this issue too, and it makes my design system essentially useless until fixed. Adobe, what's the time frame for a fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, same problem here. Please fix this basic feature. It's like @jontarbuck123 said. We can stop working with XD until this issue is fixed.

Please put this on highest priority, Adobe.

Thanks, Benni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, along with a myriad of other issues such as shared prototypes not showing in (any) browser, and severe performance lag due to nonstop "updating" of my XD documents. None of the troubleshooting tips have made any improvement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some fixes for handling of CC Libraries were released in v44.1. Please upgrade to this release and let us know your results.

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Randy, but I already use Version 44.1.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bs28090165,

Thanks for updating XD to the latest version. Are you still experiencing the same issue?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Randy Edmunds 2 This problem is still happening in V 44.1.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is NOT solved with V 44.1.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you Publish your source document, any time you make an edit to that document (whether it's to an asset or not) you will receive this notification to remind you that Library may be out-of-date. This is expected. You don't need to Update your Library after every change (which is not desirable when developing a new or updating an existing asset). Wait until your document reaches a stable point that you want to share and then Update (re-Publish) it.

If it's something else, do you have a recipe so that we can reproduce this problem?

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Randy Edmunds 2  What we are saying is that the "Update your library" notification never goes away. Click update, and it updates, then you get the notifications again (both the blue dot on the left taskbar icon AND the blue notification bar at the bottom, over and over again, as if it wasn't done at all. This persists even if we haven't touched or changed the document at all. Thus, the description we've already supplied to you as "endless loop".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a document that you created and have not shared with anyone? If so, it sounds like the Library is not updating. 

If not, then make sure nobody else is editing the same document. 

Did someone else create the document and share it with you, but did not share the Library with you? I think that could cause this problem.

Is this a document that was used to create another Library, and then copied using Save As... to try to create a new Library?

HTH,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated XD to the latest version and am still experiencing this infinite loop issue on both Windows 10 and MacOS Catalina. My XD document has not been shared with anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jontarbuck123,

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please share the logs and XD file with me over a private message so that we can investigate on the issue? Please also share the screenshot of your About XD info page.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi riascureman,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details. In addition to what Randy has asked, it would be really helpful if you can generate logs from the log collector tool along with the source XD file. Once the logs are generated, please upload the logs and XD file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the same issue so I have sent you the same documents, in private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a document that you created and have not shared with anyone? = Yes

"If so, it sounds like the Library is not updating." That's what we're trying to tell you. What is Adobe doing to solve this problem?

Did someone else create the document and share it with you, = No

Is this a document that was used to create another Library, and then copied using Save As... to try to create a new Library? = No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Adobe doing to solve this problem?

Please provide your logs to help us analyze the problem.

Another question: if you make a change to your Library in source document and Update the Library, can you see the change in the documents that use the Library?

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randy, is there an easy way to share the log files? I don't have or want a DropBox account, this log file appears to be 160M +

And, to answer your question, since this problem started: changes to the library file do not update the documents using the library.

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrea5C7A,

I have replied to you over a private message with an alternative to send the logs files. Please have a look and we will definitely ask the team to look into your issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I did try CC but I think the file type might be throwing things off! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines