Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Input fields have bugs and are not good designed

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there are a few things I really don't like with the input fields. It makes working with them much more complicated.

• If I click into an input field I don't want to select the value. If you are comming from other Adobe products you are used that you can put the cursor wherever you want and start typing right away (e.g. subtracting). In XD you have to click a second time to deselect the actual value. One unecessary click.
  • If I have to undo my last input I have to click somewhere to deselect the input field before I can undo it. Then I have to select it againg. This is different and better in the Adobe products where you can undo right away. Two unecessary clicks.
  • And a bug: If I change the value of an object, hitting return and then adding another value right away the operation doesn't work at all. Workaroung is: changing value and hitting return. Then deselecting object, selecting it again and adding the next operation. This is so complicated.

Please make these changes so Adobe XD gets more intuitive and fluent.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you there. There are other lingering bugs like keyboard not working at all and text inputs "crashing".

Seems like Xd's user experience was designed based on a lot of assumptions (ironically), instead of looking at how users are used to interacting with other software. Overall, a lot of polish is needed. I have hopes that at least some of these issues will be addressed with the MAX release, as they advertised sort of an interface overhaul for Xd a few weeks ago.

We'll wait and see. I'm pretty sure the team is aware of these issues, it's just a matter of what they consider a priority 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have never really understood why they tried to invent everything new instead of looking into other Adobe Software. Like Guides. They are completely unusable. They work perfectly in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, … all the same principle. But no, they have to design them new. Did someone ever complained about the way the guides worked in the other programms? No, instead everybody was happy because they worked perfectly. 

I appreciate their approach to rethink everything and to design a really good product. And in many ways they're doning a great job. But this is so obvious that I have to ask why …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe they were mislead by Microsoft, who seemed to invest into mobile Windows and the whole UWP thing.

So Adobe decided to go with it and make a native UWP app, optimized for touch & mobile devices, resulting in worse interface. Why they thought designers would use touch screens for UI/UX design is beyond me.

Thing is Microsoft failed with Windows on phones/tablets, and stopped pushing UWP to developers. They realized UWP was too new, so they shifted to making it easier for win32 apps to work along UWP, which makes Adobe's decision pointless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines