• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed fonts not showing the font family correctly in XD on windows machine.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the fonts (Karla, Spectral) I installed on my system are not being found by XD.

Sometimes I could get away with installing the fonts once again, and reopening the XD, but now even this doesn't work. 

Now after installing the fonts several times, I see the font in fonts panel, and in its font-weight menu I start seeing multiple font weights like 3 regular, 3 italics, 3 bold. But they still don't work and the font is still not working and shown missing on the layers section.

Yes, fonts are showing correctly well in C:Windows/fonts folder.

Tried installing fonts on all users.

Tried deleting and reinstalling fonts.

Tried signing out and in of creative cloud.

Tried restarting.

Tried using a font manager to manage fonts (FontBase).

All to no avail.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating.

I am using the latest version of XD on the latest Windows 10.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

I just experienced this problem.

Solution that worked for me:

Go to the creative cloud desktop app

1. Press the ' ' in the top right corner (fonts)
  2. Click "Browse for fonts" button underneath.
  3. Go to fonts webpage
  4. Search for Poppins
  5. Activate each weight in the browser
  6. Go back to XD
  7. Poppins will now be listed, but at the bottom of the fonts list not amongst the 'p' named fonts.

Hope that helps - 4 months too late.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry you are having problems with Adobe XD. By any chance, do you use a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a font manager (FontBase) specifically to try to solve this issue. It didn't work. As said in the original post.
Uninstalling the font manager doesn't work as it was there before even installing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On other software in the Adobe suite, do the affected fonts work correctly instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use any other Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using fonts in XD. Would you mind telling us if you're working in an enterprise network? Try to use mac version of XD and share results with us.

We will try our best to investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue is being experienced with the inter font. The font works fine on illustrator and every other product. It works fine with Sketch on ios. 

Please let us know if there is update on this. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with the inter font. Wont work on mine either. The font weights wont work and shows a long list of only a "regular" font weight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Inter shows a long list of "Regular" over and over. Rubik shows duplicates of weights like "Regular" and "Italic" yet "Regular" is bolder than "Bold".  This makes XD completely unusable for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even stranger... a workaround for this is to type some text in Illustrator in the font and weight you want... then copy it over to XD. It will retain the correct font weight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying it from Illustrator didn't work for me. C'mon Adobe. Fix this please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 now. Same issue. Is anybody reading these or should I just switch to Figma?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly I just use figma now it's so much better anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Diana-bitstone ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance. If this doesn't help, please confirm if it's happening with a specific font or multiple fonts? Also, are you able to use that font on any other Adobe application?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me with Inter, too. I had to use a completely new software because of this as this is the entire branded font! Please fix this! Adobe is giving me nothing but problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me!
I've installed a Google Font Family on my Win 10 Enterprise, aparently everthing was going all right but sudenly after a restart all the font family changed to "Regular" I'm using Quicksand and the only font variation that I see on XD it's "Regular"

This issue makes XD unusable for me, I have the latest versión right now of  XD, this don't happen in any other Adobe App it only happens in XD.

XD V: 38.1.12.2

Win: Windows 10 Enterprice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HARSHIKA_VERMA 

any solution here, one of my team mate also facing same issue in XD only. We are using AI, PS also but all font family are display properly but in XD ONLY its display Regular font.

Appreciate your ASAP HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue with the Google Fonts typeface 'Manrope' in Adobe XD on Widnows 10. All fonts for the typeface show up correctly in Illustrator and Photoshop on Windows. No issues across all apps on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Seems like Adobe has not been able to solve the problem even though users have been reporting the same thing over and over again for years now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with font Inter. tried everything, but no resolution so far. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here as well. Tried everything as the OP and can't find a solution. Tried ttf, otf, same issue. 
The only issue I have right now is the tight deadline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still experiencing the same issue with "Inter" font. Any workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Beverly May5EAD I had to install the Inter font directly in the Windows fonts folder (C:\Windows\Fonts). Make sure not to use the Inter-VariableFont_slnt,wght.ttf Google fonts offers in their download. I believe XD or Windows doesn't know how to handle them. The static .ttf seem to work fine for me in XD.

If you use a service like Fontbase it will try to serve the VariableFont.. and that didn't work for me. Hope this helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 on the horizon and new to Adobe XD. Experiencing the same issue with Poppins which I continuously re-install after starting my computer. Very frustrating and concern regarding reliability of the software. I prefer this getting fixed as I follow some design guidelines for my brand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced this problem.

Solution that worked for me:

Go to the creative cloud desktop app

1. Press the ' ' in the top right corner (fonts)
  2. Click "Browse for fonts" button underneath.
  3. Go to fonts webpage
  4. Search for Poppins
  5. Activate each weight in the browser
  6. Go back to XD
  7. Poppins will now be listed, but at the bottom of the fonts list not amongst the 'p' named fonts.

Hope that helps - 4 months too late.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines