• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to link directly to a specific section of the XD web view?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have access to edit the source file, but I can comment on it. From what I can tell though, even pinned comments aren't deep-links.

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

You can't link to elements on page, only to specific artboards.

I get you want to achieve that effect where you can link to an anchor on a web page by adding #section to the link, and it scrolls to that, but that's not possible currently in prototypes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. From what I understand from your post, you are trying to share a link for a specific comment on your prototype link to your stakeholders. If that is so, then the functionality is not available in XD. However you can share the link of the artboard on which you commented if that can help.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not so much the comment that I'm interested in sharing, I was just thinking about using that as a method of sharing a link that scrolls to a specific part of the artboard (e.g. the footer of a webpage), which is the goal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't link to elements on page, only to specific artboards.

I get you want to achieve that effect where you can link to an anchor on a web page by adding #section to the link, and it scrolls to that, but that's not possible currently in prototypes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines