• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just updated XD and everything is lagging.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just updated XD and everything is lagging. It's unusable in this state.  Is there a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Just got notified of a new XD update and installed it.  Seems to be performing well so far. 

Steve5E1E_0-1604942118285.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. When exactly is lagging?
  3. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

XD Version: 34.2.12.2

This is happening on multiple files. I've tried it on some Cloud docs and
some local xd files with the same result. It even lagged when trying to
get the version information from the application. All functionality is
lagging (click, zoom, scroll, etc).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share a screenshot capturing the memory utilized by XD in the task manager while working on XD. I'd also need system logs which you can collect and share by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is currently unusable like this but when trying to do basic functions like zoom and click the Memory utilization is around 10% ( 492.5MB) as indicated by the screenshot.  I'll walk through the log steps you've linked and provide those shortly

Steve5E1E_1-1604438600479.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uploaded the logs as per the instructions.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, were these files received well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Totally unusable since I updated this morning. For a small file I had to wait 20 mins and do nothing for my file to open properly and be able to do anything. In that time, my CPU and memory are maxing out. Larger files just hang completely. Any file I open has issues. My colleague is experiencing the same issues (both on Win10), v.34.2.12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier today it was the same (unusable).  Just tested it out now and seems much better.  Not sure what may have changed.  I haven't done anything different. I'm going to keep monitoring it for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, it's back to being just about unusable. Haven't heard back from Support in a couple days either.  Will have to use another application until this is fixed unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just got notified of a new XD update and installed it.  Seems to be performing well so far. 

Steve5E1E_0-1604942118285.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines