Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Info:

Adobe XD CC v: 9.1.12.3

64-bit, 12GB RAM, Intel i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40Ghz

Issue:

After the latest update, the keyboard stops working.

The app freezes when the text field I'm trying to edit is selected.

The entire app doesn't freeze but all keyboard input is lost.

Sometimes saving will 'unfreeze' it but I still am unable to type.

I have to exit, kill in task manager, restart, and functionality is lost almost instantly after restarting.

The same thing happens if I use built-in keyboard or external Logitech.

I sort of need to be able to type when I use XD...

Any help or tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

I read someone's answer, sadly I couldn't find it now.. but it worked for me! whenever the keyboard get stuck, press the 'windows' key. All start to work again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact thing is happening to me as well.

I basically cannot use Adobe XD as a program until this is fixed. Please someone help / patch this ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried restarting my comp, uninstalling / reinstalling XD....still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew I wasn't crazy! Thank you for the validation @alexanderp!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jdrexel,

Thanks for sharing the information about your OS Build and Adobe XD version. I would like to inform you that this issue has been reported here:-Hotkeys freezes – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs. Please vote for the feature and share your comments as well.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atul_Saini​ I think the issue you linked to is different than the one described.

I'm experiencing the same problem where my keyboard will become unresponsive in Adobe XD. It is unrelated to text editing. It takes about 30 seconds or more for it to come back to life (some times much longer!). The program is not frozen during this period and the mouse works, objects can be selected, etc. however not having a working keyboard is a major problem.

This happens in the application it self, and not the online preview. I often experience it after moving an object or exiting a group of elements.

XD project size: 111MB

System

Windows 10 Pro

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5645 @ 2.40GHz  2.39GHz

RAM 12.0 GB

64-bit

Pen and Touch support with 10 Touch Points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stigkristensen, thanks for bringing this to my notice. I have updated the link in message #4. kindly vote for it.

Christina, I would also request you to vote for the bug and share more information in comments. Please let us know in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kindly vote for it? this is a serious bug guys!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm this is NOT just the hotkeys. It is all keyboard function!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

true! experienced the same 😕 not even delete or save is working. You messed up the last update quite heavy guys! What happend to your software tester, did he quit his job or did microsoft do any silly changes again? That's quite annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rolandf35890406 Although I agree with you please keep it fair. There is no need to start getting passive aggressive.

It is indeed a big nuisance and I trust Adobe does understand that it severely cripples our ability to have a productive work process using XD. I am sure, knowing their product team's ethos, they are just as frustrated with this as we are. The reality is though that they are the best at what they do across their entire portfolio.

So, plese Adobe, fix this problem as it has really meant I lost a lot of time and had to postpone two deadlines. Nothing I could not manage this time around but it is eating into our bottom line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atul Saini​ please note, this issue is not just the hotkeys. It is the entire keyboard. I also think this is something you cannot expect to go through a voting process. This is what we would qualify as a critical bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same thing happening and it is frustrating.

In all situation the keyboard works in all other applications it is just XD that is not playing nice.

I have not been able to establish a pattern yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing the same issue, luckily I found a way to get the keyboard working again, by opening another app, chrome example, then trying to type something in the search bar column or whatever, then moving to your adobe xd, try typing again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup. terrible as the bug is, hitting alt+tab twice (changing focus from xd to another and back) works for me. try it until we have a proper fix from the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is lucky, that would be workable. This trick does not work for me sadly. I have to wait a random amount of time for it to recover.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that when I save via the menu that the keyboard functionality is typically restored.

I can usually do that several times as a workaround in my session before it stops working entirely and I have to restart the application.

If all else fails I restart my machine.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Hopefully, this works for other users in the interim until Adobe can implement a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just restarted my computer and the keyboard works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shall i reboot every 5 minutes!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another post for this same issue, developers were asking for the DxDiag file.

This is an excerpt from my DxDiag file where Adobe XD is specifically mentioned repeatedly for 'problem signatures' and an event called MoAppCrash:

+++ WER5 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Adobe.CC.XD_9.1.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte
P2: praid:App
P3: 9.1.12.3
P4: 5b2c0c73
P5: DUser.dll
P6: 10.0.17134.1
P7: f3bed37b
P8: c000041d
P9: 00000000000119ab
P10:

+++ WER6 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P8: c0000005
P10:

+++ WER7 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P8: c000041d
P10:

+++ WER8 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P8: c0000005
P10:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing this since the beginning of xd. I guessed this as an OS issue. I dont blame adobe on this.
XD runs fluently on my brothers macbook with no bugs at all.
I've noticed many of the windows 10 app have small bugs (very frustrating to deal everyday).

Microsoft forced us to use app platform even when it had too many small bugs. (Cant bear this shit daily sorry)
No offense but sometimes I sometimes feel Microsoft is full of retards and more retards. Why not create something so simple and bug free instead of creating fancy shiny products full of bugs lol.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I have a temporary solution. Minimize the app and maximize it again. Keyboard error is solved temporarily and again after 5-10 mins the bug rehappens. lol microsoft for making so stable app platform. Our mighty microsoft lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw on another post that if you switch out of XD to another app, like notepad and type and switch back, the keyboard functionality is restored. - It is by no means permanent solution, but it's an alright band-aid for the moment.

This has been working for me, I do have to do it every few minutes, sometimes more frequently. It is definitely an inconvenience but at least it allows you to work in XD.

Hopefully, Microsoft can fix this blunder soon. Not really going to undercut Mac on the design front if your OS is super buggy.

One would hope Microsoft would do some more testing before releasing their software, they definitely have the resources to do so...

Hope this helps in the interim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting this more and more recently (Win10 64-bit build 16299.785) XD just completely stops accepting any keyboard input..

Thanks so much for sharing the 'Alt-tab to notepad' trick. That's working for me.

Annoying that's it's still an issue though, 6 months after being first reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still is an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry that you're facing the issue with Adobe XD. I'd request you to please try the solution mentioned in the UserVoice page by Nina [Win10] Application stops responding (keyboard) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines