• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limited functionality during saving to cloud

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bigger XD file stored in CC, with ca. 20 artboards, 80 multistate components, 50 character styles and 80 colors. Usually it takes between 5-30 seconds to save a change (at least XD title says "Saving...") and during this time the UI not only partially freezes, but also other limitations appear - e.g. it is not possible to rename layers or change element properties in right sidebar. Due to continuous saving is then the editing of such a file quite problematic.

Configuration: Adobe XD 36.1.32, Windows 10 (1809)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for sharing the asked information. I would suggest checking if you are all on the latest version of XD while coediting. Please make sure you have a good internet connection. I would also request you to please tell us if this is happening with this specific file or all files.

Unfortunately, the functionality to turn off coediting isn't available. Please submit your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39223024-ability-to-turn-off-coediting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please update XD to the latest version which is XD 36.2 and let us know if that makes a difference or it's still happening? If that doesn't help, please try the steps shared below:

1. Sign out of XD & Adobe CC desktop app.
  2. Close CoreSync and all Adobe related process from the task manager.
  3. Sign back in on Adobe CC Desktop app and launch XD from there.

Let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh, I did the proposed steps, though with no noticeable change in performance - the above described problems still persist. I wonder if it can be somehow connected to Co-editing mode that is enabled for that file, because the problems get usually even worse when any of my team colleagues open the file at the same time. Is there is any way to disable Co-editing to see the impact (ideally without re-saving to another file in order to keep the existing share link) ?

Best regards
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for sharing the asked information. I would suggest checking if you are all on the latest version of XD while coediting. Please make sure you have a good internet connection. I would also request you to please tell us if this is happening with this specific file or all files.

Unfortunately, the functionality to turn off coediting isn't available. Please submit your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39223024-ability-t... on our XD UserVoice and upvote the request to add your voice.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika, yes, I have the latest XD version and quite a good broadband internet. While I can see an occasional freeze in all co-edited XD files, it is usually not that critical for regular documents with a few screens. Troubles really come when working with big files as described in my first post. Here I would definitely appreciate to disable the co-edit mode. Already voted for feature reequest.

Best regards,
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood your concern and thanks for upvoting the request. I will also make sure to highlight your concerns with my team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen several similar posts detailing this issue on the forums and they have all been resolved either with new updates (I am always using the latest update) or by some miracle fix that doesn't work for me and this is why I am creating my own post on this bug.

In the video, you can see me clearly trying to select the text of component states, as well as line weight, to modify the properties and nothing happens. While you can't see in the video, I am blasting my keyboard trying to get the text to appear. Nothing happens, sometimes I get lucky and I can finally select the component state's name and that lets me modify the text.

At the time of the video being taken, only component states and shape properties had this issue, but I am constantly facing this issue with any kind of text selection. I've heard this might be a driver issue but mine are up to date. I use an Nvidia 1080.

Restarting the software doesn't fix this issue. I often have to restart my computer to get 20 mins of bug-free design then the bugs start again.

Thank you everyone and sorry for the word vomit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cez,

This is definitely not expected behavior and thanks for sharing the video. The text issues are actually coming in different types and very difficult to investigate as they resolve after updating or reinstalling XD. I would suggest you please try switching to a different for a while and then try to work on XD again and let us know if that helps.

We would love to investigate your issue so that we can escalate it to the team for investigation. A few more details will be super helpful for us.

1. Could you please share the details of OS and XD versions along with the driver's version?
  2. Does that happen with every file or with a specific file?
  3. Have you noticed any specific action triggering this issue?
  4. Is it possible for you to share the file with us so that we can test it at our end? IF so, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me either over a PM or here wherever you feel comfortable.

I will try my best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the same problems quite often. It happens usually when the document is being saved (document title shows "Saving..."). During that time many user interactions get broken, including text editing. 

Already reported here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/limited-functionality-during-saving-to-cloud/m-p/11823499

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, I just checked and the problem appears when the file is 'Saving'. Issue is... it is constantly saving! But thank you, hopefully this will point me in a different direction for preventing this from happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem. I can't type anything in Adobe XD. Can't enter numbers for sizing, also can't write with the type tool on the artboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The user above pointed out this issue happens while the file is saving to cloud and I can confirm this is why I'm having this issue. Can you go and confirm if it's the same for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines