• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live Preview / Mobile Preview not working

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a common issue, but I'm yet another customer who cannot use mobile preview.

Windows 10 Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

iTunes Version 12.10.8.5 (also tried  current Windows store version)

iOS 13.6.1 and 13.7

iPad mini 2 and iPhone SE2

Genuine USB-A to lightning and USB-C to lightning cables

XD 32.1.22.3

Cloud Sync 4.3.57.2

Have tried restarting PC, plugged in cable, started XD then on PC then the iOS device,

Have tried restarting PC, plugged in cable, started XD then on iOS device then the windows install device,

No windows updates due and "duet display" software works faultlessly.

TOPICS
Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Hi David,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try re-installing the XD app on the mobile device and check if it works? If it still doesn't work, please re-install the app on the desktop as well and check again. Let us know how it goes, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try re-installing the XD app on the mobile device and check if it works? If it still doesn't work, please re-install the app on the desktop as well and check again. Let us know how it goes, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rishabh that worked thanks!

I have to be honest after trying so many other steps I didn't think this would work but the reinstall of the Desktop software has fixed it!

If anyone else has this problems I would recommend getting itunes installed and running, then uninstalling Desktop XD and reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still very fragile - as you probably know. For me, it worked wonderfully on my PC with an iPhone attached. But then a few days later nothing. Xd Desktop would show me that it recognized the iOS device, the iOS device did the "fummm" sound on plugging in but no way to open the current design.

After many unplug / replug I changed the USB port on the PC and suddenly Xd on iOS would show me that the desktop version was incompatible. Creative Cloud is set to autoupdate, but seemingly I had to confirm / manually start the update.

It would have been nice if the desktop version told me about it but also, it is a bit fragile that this is so tightly linked to having everything up to date.

But for anybody strugggling - remember to check both iOS and desktop version for latest / compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines