• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost all artboard's content (Local file)

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I added the last artboard design and close the file normally. Today I opened the file and found all artboards content (except the last one) were lost. I am wondering what kind of action can make it happen? and is it possible to restore the file? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Hi Warner,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Generally, if the data get lost because of application crash we can try to recover the file from this location: \Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState

Also if any file gets corrupted then we lose the entire data and the file becomes un-accessible however as you confirmed that you are able to open the file, I suspect somehow the file content was overwritten with the last change. If it was a cloud document we could

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warner,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Generally, if the data get lost because of application crash we can try to recover the file from this location: \Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState

Also if any file gets corrupted then we lose the entire data and the file becomes un-accessible however as you confirmed that you are able to open the file, I suspect somehow the file content was overwritten with the last change. If it was a cloud document we could have checked the last version of the file on your end, however since its a local file, I am afraid, we don't have many options in this situation.

Regards
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was unable to recover the latest version because the backup is also with the deleted elements, however, I was able to recover a version 3 days ago using a system that recovers files deleted in the path: Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe_CC_XD_adky2gkssdxte\TempState\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it just happened to me, i lost a whole month of work. I found a backup copy on the way they reported, but in the copy the elements were also deleted from all screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines