• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make instance component independent from main component

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm missing something in XD and its associated Docs, but I can't figure out how to turn an instance component into an independent (main) component.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Could you please check out this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39051064-create-new-master-component-from-existing-componen ? If you're looking for the similar functionality, please upvote the request and submit your feedback. If no, please raise a new request for yourself.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and using XD. If I understand you correctly, you're trying to make the instance of the component as the master component. If yes, please right click on the instance of the component and choose" Ungroup Component" and then after making necessary changes you can make it a component again.

Let me know if I misunderstood your query. I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

yes, that is correct. I'm aware that you can ungroup a component and re-make it a component afterwards; but the issue is that by doing so you would lose the states and prototype properties of the component, which I would very much like to retain. Apparently such a feature does not yet exist, I would greatly welcome it if Adobe could add it. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Could you please check out this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39051064-create-ne... ? If you're looking for the similar functionality, please upvote the request and submit your feedback. If no, please raise a new request for yourself.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines