• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open xd file with an older edition

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I found some issues with the updated edition of XD which I already commented in a thread. To avoid this I tried to install an older version & open the file. But its just asking me to update my app but not letting me to open the file. Its needed to open any xd file with any xd version.

Thanks

Rouf

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

There's no way to save XD files as a specific version. I've never tried going back, but my guess is that once you save an XD file it is auto upgraded and can no longer be opened in previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anamoulrouf,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble opening the file in Adobe XD. I would like to know a few more details like:

• What is the OS and XD version you're using?
  • What is the error message you're getting while opening the file in a new version?
  • Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?

I would also suggest trying the steps mentioned in this article Issue saving xd files to creative cloud and let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

My computer doesn't upgrade for a new verstion of the software, but, still work perfectly. So how can I tell my coworkers to save a lower version so I also can work with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing similar issue. Could you please share the above asked information and also share the OS and XD version the co workers working on?.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can XD have a backward compatibility to a certain version like maybe (+-3 versions margin)
Like in photoshop.. It's just trouble for big companies that has hundreds of designer and having to inform them all to update things at once.. or when they work home and their net is slow that they can't update as time would demand. Just like in PS and Illustrator that has good backward compatibility with a year or 3 behind its generation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way to save XD files as a specific version. I've never tried going back, but my guess is that once you save an XD file it is auto upgraded and can no longer be opened in previous versions.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thing you guys must be banned as people from SO. Look at the question: it asks "HOW", not "IS THERE A WAY". The You can't do this answer is incorrect, it can't be answer to question How can I do this, this isn't answer at all. If I would wondering Can I open the file in older version, google it, saw your answer, I would be satisfied with it,  but this is my work, I need this file to be opened, nobody want to see your answer, which tells to stop doing it this at all. Delete it and read the topic again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, "no way" is just not good enough. I can not install a later version, because my computer is too old. It is fast and reliable and now I have to buy a new machine because I can not open the files from my college? Is someone out there with a "save xd file as old xd file" app? I would be very willing to pay for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree – not good enough at all.

While my laptop is up to date, our work mac is not (conflicting issue of other essential software that wont work with latest Mac update). Very frustraiting to have just worked hours doing a prototype that I now can't hand over to a collegue to continue with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with opening an XD file. Would you mind telling us if it's a cloud document or a local document? Please share the screenshot of your about XD info. If it's a cloud document, please see if you're able to open the file from here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents

If that doesn't help, please see this post and try to steps suggested: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-col...

Let us know if that helps. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my mac doesn't get any more software updates, so my OS is HighSierra (10.12). Due to the processor, i cannot install the Catalina version (10.4) and for this reason I cannot install the latest XD update and my colleagues at work have already updated to the latest version. This means that I have to buy a new equipment just to be able to work with the latest versions of Adobe to which I strongly disagree since my equipment works excellently and you as a company are making obsolescence not due to hardware but due to software . Better to migrate to new UX / UI tools. So sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines