Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[PANELS]- Cant select assets or components of the project

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you can see in this video my problem is that i cant click on the asset i want because the focus is way too far below the mouse pointer... and this isnt the only problem... the app is continuosly running slower and slower, freezing alot, I worked like 1 month on this project is kinda big and i cant throw all of my work to trash in just one day...
I have alot of complex components with 4-5 states each , where each of them is built using other small components that also have 4-5 states and so on... I tried to simplify some here and there but the same result nothing improves... 

My PC is i7 7700k 4.2 ghz , 32gb ram , SSD 500gb  windows 10
the same problem is on my Mac.. i5 3.00ghz, 24gb ram 1Tb fusion drive 

Some solutions ?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Sorry to hear that. If it seems to be an issue with the installation or configuration. I would suggest getting in touch with our support team directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html for real time assistance on the issue.

Thank you so much Peter for your contribution on the post and help us in testing the users file on your machine. We really appreciate your presence.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristea,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please check if the graphics card driver is up to date as per the manufacturer's website?
  4. Please share a screenshot of Task Manager in windows and activity monitor in mac.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there and thanks for reply.

1. Last version - 28.1.12
2. Especially with big files, I made a big design system with alot of components each has like 6~8 states, also I created as components some complex premade tables ( who also have 3~4 states ). Those premade tables are made with existing components for example several type of  buttons , cells with content and components in it grouped as a repeating grid , etc.

Everything is fine for 5 minutes, after renaming some layers and create 1-2 artboards using components from pannel Adobe XD runs extremely slow, even if the file is local.
I was looking into the RAM, but still got some ~14gb free everytime.

3. Dont know what GPU have to do with this, but yes, I have the latest driver.
4. I attached the ss with taskmanager.

Version of my XDVersion of my XDWindows Task managerWindows Task manager

Since I work from home I cant acces my mac for activity monitor. 

That issue appears after ~1h of work ... recently I noticed I cant even rename the components or the pannel didn't work at all sometimes. 

My only way to work with it is to close XD when is starting wrking slowly and open again , and again and so on. 

My appologies to Moderators for not tagging and naming the post corectly , I was kind of tired :D, sorry for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd !!

Especially since it is happening on both Mac and Windows. So there's a good chance something got fishy in your file, in stead of a bug in the application. Maybe it's that 5 foot distance rule because of the Corona virus ?

Seriously now, I think the Assets panel is in some way messed up by a corrupted asset.

Could you try creating a new file, importing all assets from the original file (with the big + in the top of the Assets panel), put some artboards in it, and see if it's still happening in that new file ?

Does rearranging some of the assets (just to let XD regenerate its internal list) help ?

Would you be willing to share the file with me, so I can tweak the file to close-in on any possible cause and diagnose ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reply,

Probably of the Corona Virus  :))

Actually I created a new file and import all assets with that big plus 🙂 cause it's from a design system I created , I made the assets even local components, I just copy and paste them and save them as components again, still the same issues.

I was reading some posts here that XD cant handle big projects with components with tons of states, the program runns slower and slower.
I've already arranged components in a specific order ( dont know how can this help ), but I'll try on monday.

Today I tried to simplify components with just 2 or 3 states ... everything seems to work ok, still has some laggy isues at renaming layers... but it's ok for now.

Unfortunatelly I work under NDA ( Non-Disclosure-Agreement) and I must ask my superiors to give their consent for sending the file, hope you understand :D.

Thank you for reply again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then you've must have hit some sort of a numerical ceiling with your project !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received your project file and tested in on my MacBook with the newest update (28.2.12.3) and on Windows (an old and slow Surface Pro) with the earlier version (28.1.12.3). Both behave correctly. No mis-alignment in picking colors or any other asset. So there must be something wrong with your installation or configuration...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear that. If it seems to be an issue with the installation or configuration. I would suggest getting in touch with our support team directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html for real time assistance on the issue.

Thank you so much Peter for your contribution on the post and help us in testing the users file on your machine. We really appreciate your presence.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines