• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Paste' doesn't work

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't copy & paste any item or artboard on my XD, because just 'paste(CTRL+V)' menu isn't active.

I'm not sure whether this problem comes from XD itself, or OS(windows10 Enterprise 1607 64bit).

While 'copy' works properly, 'paste' always stays in gray color.

How can I solve this problem? I actually re-installed XD three times.

I'm very sorry that I have to post this sort of silly question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Hi caroliner39906458,

Glad to hear you're not facing this issue anymore and thank you for taking the time to answer the questions.

As the issue is no longer reproducing it's hard to understand what happened. It might help to look over the logs - so, if it's not too much trouble, please collect the logs using the following tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and upload the file to CC, Dropbox, or Google drive and share the link over a private message. To send a pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 명현유46329220 ,

From where are you copying data, and what data it is.

Is it an image or a text ?

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any selected item (text, image, even artboard) in XD!

Simply speaking, paste menu is not activated at all.

I didn't see a single case that the 'paste' change to black, even when(after) I selected an item by clicking CTRL+C(X) or 'Copy' menu.

Thanks for your consideration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 명현유46329220 ,

I am able to copy and paste properly on my Machine running Windows 10.

Do you have any external device connected ?

Are you using a Wacom ?

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you copy plain text from another app and then paste in XD, does it paste the text successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also -- can you let us know if you have any firewall, anti-virus, or other security software installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use any external device. Wacom either.

I can't paste plain text from another app because of the same problem ('paste menu not active').

I use Korean anti-virus solution V3. There must be a firewall in my computer (company manages), I don't know exact name of it.

Anyway thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try disabling your anti-virus app for a minute and see if pasting works then?  Sometimes security software can interfere with other apps in weird ways, so it'd be good for us to know about this.

One other thing...  Adobe XD uses a very new Windows technology called UWP, which sometimes behaves a little funny compared to traditional Windows apps.  I am curious if perhaps all UWP apps on your computer have this problem.  Most apps you install from the Windows Store fall into this category, as well as some built-in apps that come bundled with Windows 10, such as the 3D Builder app or the Calculator app or Sticky Notes.  Can you try launching one of those apps and see if pasting text works correctly there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

명현유46329220 Did you fix it? I have same problem. Does anyone know why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have same problem with this user. I've tried all the way that you've mentioned but, couldn't fix an errors.

Could you please check this problems for me and let me know how can I fix this.

It's so hard to use XD without 'ctrl+v' function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't recreate the problem on a macbook pro. Have you completely powered down your pc and restarted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I think this problem has only occured in window 10 os. I've completely shut down my pc several times and also re-install the XD several times too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all those that are facing this issue, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message along with a link to this forum post. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem..... restarting Adobe XD did not fix anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently faced with this issue. some one help plz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue on Mac Os 10.13.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What object is on the clipboard at the time? If you press either Enter or Escape, does the menu become available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a windows laptop and I'm also having issues with my copy and paste. It let me do it once but then after that I can no longer copy and paste to my artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Reset my machine, so all-new Windows 10 is installed (W10 Home, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.431). Also have latest Adobe Acrobat Pro DC through Adobe CC.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening to me a lot lately. I do not have multiple language keyboards.

Everything would be fine, I am working on XD, no issues and all of a sudden CTRL+C / CTRL+V will cease functioning. Sometimes right click Copy & Paste works, but 90% of the time that doesn't work either. Switching to a different program doesn't help. Meanwhile whatever is in my clipboard is there. I can paste into Photoshop, Illustrator, any other program - except XD.

I noticed that sometimes - sometimes - CTRL+S is gone too. As if the shortcuts are gone. But when that happens mouse right click actions keep functioning. So with this weird case I believe the culprit is clipboard access.

Windows Defender is the only AV I have.

Another behavior I noticed is that XD interface will act like I am in Prototype mode: hovering over elements would highlight them just like when I am in Prototype Mode; with the exception of the action handles - the little things that you use to create links are not visible. When this happens the entire GUI stops working properly. I cannot draw new elements, cannot update any elements, nothing functions properly. Switching to Prototype Mode and back doesn't fix anything. The only solution is to relaunch XD.

Same with CTRL+C/V issue. The only fix is to relaunch XD.

It wasn't that prominent before, but lately it's happening a lot. Couldn't find a pattern yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any resolution to this? I'm on a Windows 10 Surface Book 1, also experiencing this issue. I have to close and re-open XD for the paste feature to work again. But then the issue reoccurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carrier62077086

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with XD. Please let us know the following so we can investigate further:

1. Can you please perform a simple test with another UWP application like Paint 3D? Does copy and paste works in Paint 3D when the issue starts occurring in XD?
  2. Can you give us more details about your system? Start -> Settings -> System -> About. For instance, on one machine, i am running Win10 Enterprise version 1709 , build 16299.371.
  3. What System  are using? I'm testing on a Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga for example.

It would also help us investigate further if we had more logs.

You can use the Adobe log collector tool, available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.  After this tool runs, you'll see a zip file on the desktop that you can attach to send me an email.

Thank you,

Letitia Antohe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Can you please perform a simple test with another UWP application like Paint 3D? Does copy and paste works in Paint 3D when the issue starts occurring in XD?

Yes, copy and paste work in other applications when the issues starts occurring in XD. I tried successfully with Paint 3D and Adobe Illustrator.

1. Can you give us more details about your system? Start -> Settings -> System -> About. For instance, on one machine, i am running Win10 Enterprise version 1709 , build 16299.371.

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1803

OS build: 17134.112

1. What System  are using? I'm testing on a Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga for example.

Surface Book Intel Core i5 -6300U @ 2.40GHz 2.50GHz

It would also help us investigate further if we had more logs.

You can use the Adobe log collector tool, available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.  After this tool runs, you'll see a zip file on the desktop that you can attach to send me an email.

Will send logs now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CagatayOzgur,

Sorry to hear things are not working smooth for you.

It would help us if you can answer the questions below so we can investigate further:

2. You mentioned things are happening more often now - could it be  after an XD update or after an Windows update?
  3. Can you give us more details about your system? Start -> Settings -> System -> About. For instance, on one machine, i am running Win10 Enterprise version 1709 , build 16299.371.
  4. What System  are using? I'm testing on a Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga for example.

For deeper investigation we would need more logs.

You can use the Adobe log collector tool, available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html to collect them.  After this tool runs, you'll see a zip file on the desktop that you can attach to send me an email.

Thank you,

Letitia Antohe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Sierra and not having any issues with copying and pasting with the most recent version of XD. The most current version of High Sierra is 10.13.5... maybe updating to this version will solve the problem on a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines