• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Prototype]-Parallax scrolling effect while using or mask or other effects in XD.

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a parallax scrolling effect. It works if all layers are unmasked however, if I mask the layers, it gives a faded transition. With all lose layers, the parallax scroll effect shows up but gives a very shoddy effect when it trasitions to the next slide.

An urgent help would be much appreciated

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prayank,

Thank you for reaching out. If I heard you right, this is the functionality you're looking for: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12942750-parallax-... If so, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for your response. I am sharing a youtube video link https://youtu.be/WPTQAneUvwA. In order to save on time, please see the video from 21:35 to 31:05. You will notice that he has imported all layers from Adobe photoshop to XD > masked them > and then created the auto animate effect in the prototype mode. Masking all layers, makes the edges neat and the layers which are outside of the artboard aren't visible.

The challenge I am facing is that:
If I don't mask the layers, the parallax effect works but the layers outside the artboard are also visible which gives a very shoddy effect (See this in the video "parallax without masking" I have shared in my initial post ). As soon as I mask them, there is no parallax effect. It gets converted to a faded transition (See the video parallax with masking). 

Appreciate your time and effort.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the comprehensive info. From what I understand, this is a feature limitation related to this request https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12942750-parallax-...

Please upvote this request if that is the case to stay tuned to announcements. Let us know if I misread your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Thanks for your response. I am not sure but wanted to clarify one thing. If it was a feature limitation, how come the guy in the video could create it?  

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When duplicating the artboard, press the artboard 1 and then control/command D to duplicate. DO NOT use the drag + alt option! It will work even if the artboards are masked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there is there a way to achieve parallax card swiping in XD at the momemt?

Here is a sample done on invision:

https://youtu.be/r0LpqG7Avr8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When duplicating the artboard, press the artboard 1 and then control/command D to duplicate. DO NOT use the drag + alt option! It will work even if the artboards are masked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines