• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Prototype]-Unable to record video in XD on Mac.

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issues with recording videos in XD lately. When I go to hit the record button, it'll blink like it's recording but there's no indication of time changing and when I end the session, nothing happens.

It appears to be working fine on my co-workers computers. 

Did a complete restart on my computer, tried this with older versions and current version of XD. Seems like the Catalina OS for macs is the source of the issue. I'm working with Catalina version 10.15.2 on a 15-inch MacBook Pro, 2017.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

UPDATE: this issue has been solved.

It’s a macOS Catalina permission issue. The permissions dialog for screen recording sometimes appears behind the XD window so it can be missed. Go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Screen Recording and turn on for XD.

Shoutout to the XD team for reaching out to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: this issue has been solved.

It’s a macOS Catalina permission issue. The permissions dialog for screen recording sometimes appears behind the XD window so it can be missed. Go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Screen Recording and turn on for XD.

Shoutout to the XD team for reaching out to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Crazylowry for sharing the solution that worked for you after investigation. This will definitely help our customers resolve their issue. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank YOU for this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I have the same problem !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an error message pop up when recording an animation that says function has stopped. Any thoughts? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines