Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prototypes - keyboard keys on tablets?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Have created prototypes where "events" can be triggered via keyboard keys, so this works great to demo the prototype for internal stakeholders.

The problem is that I only get it to work on desktop but not on tablets (android as well as iPad) - says "This prototype contains interactions which are not supported on Android (alt. "iOS"). To use these interactions, open it in a desktop preview.

- Anyone how knows how to make this work on tablets?

(have tried to run in both via the adobe xd app and weblink - same result)

To actually test the product with users in the (to be) natural context - it is a big disadvantage not to be able to trigger the events we like on tablets. I found triggering via keyboard keys quite a nice solution for it, but don't get it to work...

Kind regards,

Henrik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henrik,

We're so sorry for the delay in response. I am afraid, as of now, we can only use keyboard triggers while previewing on a PC. Having said that, we have received similar request on our XD UserVoice page: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38139475-i-want-to...

Please upvote this request to add voice to the feature. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Frankly, I see a good point to develop this feature ASAP, yesterday... It is an obvious use case for Adobe Xd to take the prototype on a tablet (Android or iPad) and test a front-end concept while developing the back end in parallel.

Hope you realize it too.

PC is not exactly the go-to platform in this regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines