• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotate object in Adobe XD

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I change anchor point of an object when I rotate it?(in Adobe XD)

Thank you.

圖片 006.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Nope.

(Note: such a point is called the registration point – not the anchor point.)

But if you want to rotate any irregular object (like a star) around its optical centre point, use this trick:

Take the Ellips tool, and drag a circle from the (perceived) registration point, while holding down the alt (otion) and shift key.  It will then draw a perfect circle from that point as its center. Drag the perfect circle wide enough to completely cover the bounding boxe(es) of the underlying shape(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

BTW, there's a UserVoice request for this feature, with quite a lot of votes, though under review since July 2016. Maybe the team doesn't understand it because of even two wrong terms (reference/anchor point) 😉

For what it's worth:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12928419-choose-reference-anchor-point-for-transform-orig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reply.

But I would like to do it in Adobe XD.

Can I change anchor point of an object when I rotate it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi how are you? I have the same problem 😞 sorry you could find the anchor point 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.

(Note: such a point is called the registration point – not the anchor point.)

But if you want to rotate any irregular object (like a star) around its optical centre point, use this trick:

Take the Ellips tool, and drag a circle from the (perceived) registration point, while holding down the alt (otion) and shift key.  It will then draw a perfect circle from that point as its center. Drag the perfect circle wide enough to completely cover the bounding boxe(es) of the underlying shape(s). Then select them all together again and rotate the whole bunch as needed.

Use two guides (from the left and top sides of the artboard) if you want to be more precise in dragging the circle.

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-17 om 23.03.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, there's a UserVoice request for this feature, with quite a lot of votes, though under review since July 2016. Maybe the team doesn't understand it because of even two wrong terms (reference/anchor point) 😉

For what it's worth:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12928419-choose-re...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the helpful information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines