• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll Groups not working with Fix Position When Scrolling

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a rather problematic conflict between the scroll group option and the "Fix Position When Scrolling" option, which unfortunately renders the new feature useless for about half of my intended use cases for it. Details below.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create an artboard taller than the viewport height (simulating a vertical scrolling mobile experience)
  2. Create a group intended for horizontal scrolling within the viewport area
  3. Apply the Horizontal Scroll option in the sidebar (optional: preview to ensure it's working correctly)
  4. Check the box for Fix Position When Scrolling

Expected Outcome:

In my design, I want this to be a fixed UI element that stays fixed at the top or bottom of the screen while the rest of the content scrolls by. So I'm expecting the scroll group to horizontally scroll because I've checked that option, AND I'm expecting the group to be fixed in position because I've selected that option. My expectation of this outcome is reinforced by the tool UI because selecting one option does not disable or unselect the other: 

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 12.09.20 PM.png

In most cases where the options are mutually exclusive, an intuitive UI will not allow a user to apply conflicting or overriding settings, which is why I believe this to be a bug instead of an intended feature. One could rationally argue therefore that the bug is entirely UI related, but regardless there IS a bug. It's just up to Adobe to decide whether it's an issue with stacking settings or a UI signaling issue. If you're on Team UI Bug, I won't disagree with you. I would just like to state that I personally would have more to gain if Adobe fixed the issue to allow these settings to stack rather than quick fixing the UI to indicate that they cannot.

Actual Outcome:

If you test the prototype between steps 3 and 4, you should have a successfully working horizontal scroll group. However, as you scroll down the page (not pictured), the scroll group continues with the page content:

scrolling.gif

Once you execute step 4, the scroll group is now fixed to the screen correctly. However, the scroll group will no longer scroll:

fixed.gif

In my demonstration, I have some layers above the scroll group to create the illusion that it appears once you've scrolled past a certain point down the page. But aside from that, the only change I've made is checking that fixed position option. I tried it without revealing the hidden layers with the same result, and the scroll group worked fine with the hidden layers prior to fixing its position. So I can say with confidence that it is the setting and not the hidden layers that is causing the issue.

At the very least, I hope this was helpful for someone, even if it was just letting you know that you're not the only one with this issue. One final note: I did try to search for a similar issue on this subject. But since it's a relatively new feature, I don't think anyone else has encountered it yet. If this is a duplicate issue, I apologize.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

As I see it (and having replied to another post about it), the issue looks fixed now, you can see the sample prototype here: https://xd.adobe.com/view/294167e2-f403-4d1c-8c76-af1348a1762c-7c12/ and the file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/024azpc6og1eh6r/horizontal-scroll-test.xd?dl=0 Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ashb38464100,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues while working on scrollable groups. Our engineering team is already aware of the issue and is working on a fix for same. You should be able to see it resolved in the upcoming releases.

Regards,

Shwetha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Shwetha for your contribution to this post and thanks for informing that team is already looking into the issue.

We will definitely update you, Ash, as soon as the team fixes the issue. We really appreciate your patience and thanks for reporting the problem.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! That's honestly the best response I could have hoped for. Thank you, both of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm developing a component for a rich text editor like the one I'm typing in right now. I'd like the text input area to be vertically scrollable but also reduce or grow with the width of the display size. The responsive resize options for the region show that the horizontal width is fixed, and it's disabled.

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 10.07.08 AM.png

Anyone know how to get this working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for reaching out. This is a known issue and the bug is already logged. You will see the fix in the future releases of XD. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I set the viewport of a vertical scroll it doesn't vanish where the handles are positioned like it used to. The content just travels all the way out of the edges of the artboard. I have made several different attempts at making this work, both with a top headline that is fixed outside the vertical scroll area and without as demonstrated in the attached videos. The layer stacking order is in correct place. It always acts as described so it looks like a bug to me.

W10

XD 32.1.22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PerryBrus,

I am sorry for the delay in response. Could you please confirm if you're experiencing the issue in XD 32.2 version as well?

I will try my best to investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem is the same in 32.2.22.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a basic schedule, here's a screenshot: 

Screenshot (15).png

The highlighted scroll group can go in all 4 directions (Saturday and Sunday hang off the right, and the schedule goes down to 10pm).

However I'd like the user to be able to see the day at the top of the group, and the time on the left of the group when they scroll to a different part of the schedule, to clearly understand what time and day they are looking at.

Here's a screenshot in prototype mode, looking at the bottom right corner of the schedule. 

Screenshot (16).pngAs you can see, it is very difficult for the user to know what time/day they're looking at. 

Is there a way to fix the position of the days at the top of the scroll group and the times on the left of the scroll group?

If this is not yet possible then I'll just make a normal scrolling page for this - maybe I got a bit carried away with the scroll groups, but I think that'd be a great feature to implement in the future. 

Hope this makes sense! Please let me know if you need further clarification. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. I am afraid, as of now, we don't have this option yet, however, we have received a similar request on Adobe XD UserVoice Page, please upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/36329119-fix-posit...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a component with Vertical Scroll applied works great; however, as soon as you apply Fix Position When Scrolling checked, it stops working.

Use case: Create a scrollable dropdown menu or search component that is part of a nav which has fixed position when scrolling checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souheilm, will you be able to make a screenshot, which has a visible layers panel & the properties on the right, with the component in question selected, so we can see what's going on?

A video of your workflow would be great, or if you can upload the file somewhere and link it here, even better 🙂

I tried to replicate your issue, but it works fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page scrolls fine but the vertical scrolling in the component stops working. I'll try to create a video later.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeXD-Scroll.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that and thanks for sharing the video. Would you mind telling us the OS and XD version of your machine? It looks like the issue is fixed in 32 version.

We will try our best to investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using:

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6

Adobe XD 32.2.22.2

It works when shared on web but does not work in Desktop Preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking. I have found that there is a regression of this issue so our team has raised another bug for the issue. You will definitely see the fix in the future releases of XD.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's is a bug on the latest update of XD.  The vertical scroll don't fuction with "fix position when scrolling" on. It used to work just fine! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the feedback. This has already been highlighted to the Engineering team and you shall see the improvements in the future releases. For more information on this, please stay tuned to this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/scroll-groups-not-working-with-fix-position-when-scrolling/t...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey FIN_claramorao,

Hope you're doing good. I see that this issue has been fixed with the latest version of XD - 33.1. Could you please try and let me know if you're still seeing the issue? Thanks. Have a great day.

Cheers!

SD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, I currently suffer from this issue in XD34.212 using the combined function Horizontal & Vertical scroll. Can you assist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw it happens after 4 interactions, then it freezes up and won't move anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using horizontal & vertical scroll with fix position, the scrolling stops working after a couple of interactions.

It's effectively the same bug as https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/scroll-groups-not-working-with-fix-position-when-scrolling/m...

Can you assist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please share a small video of the workflow and what exactly is happening?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines