• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed up workflow when working with multiple artboards and animation types

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Imagine situation like this. Let's say I designed fairly complex home page and then wanted to add different types of animations to it. For example:

— modal window slide down on button click

— parallax effect (sections sliding in) on page scroll

— decorative elements moving randomely (and infinitely) on page load

So I create several artboards from the original one and on each one implement one of these animations. But then I notice that some changes are needed in the original design and I make them. So... do I now need to make those same changes on the other artboards? Is there maybe a faster way to do this?

For example, when I created dark theme version of the page, I turned the whole original page into a component, made a copy and then just changed the colors on the copy. Any change made to the original would propagate to the "dark themed" copy and that's great. Unfortunately this does not work with animations and it's also very tricky to get it right...

I know I'm doing something wrong here so any help is much appreciated : )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for reaching out. If we are using linked assets in our design then changes do get propagated including the animations. So could you please share a small video of the workflow so that we can test this on our end?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines