• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stacks don't seem sensible to component state changes.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I was building a scrollable list composed by accordions I noticed that stacks ignore component state changes.

Use case

- Scroll group
-- Stack group (Vertical 2px distance)
--- Component 1 (Default state) Closed accordion
--- Component 2 (Default state) Closed accordion
--- Component 3 (Default state) Closed accordion

The situation above is the default view of the Scroll group. I have set "Open states" triggered by "Tap" to each of the Components and the accordions expand to display items inside them like this:

--- Component 1 (Open state) Open accordion
---- Option 1
---- Option 2
---- Option 3

I was expecting that the remaining components (Component 2 and 3) would be pushed down with the new state change from (Component 1 vertical growth) and respect the 2px distance set by the stack group, instead they get covered and remain their original position.

I have been trying to figure a work around but without success, I am not sure if I am doing something incorrectly or if this is a known issue.

Thank you for taking the time to help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

What if you do that without stack option - do it by hand. Will this work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share screenshot of your work. That can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your interest. I am not authorized to share the actual work but here I attach a link to a video of the issue I am experiencing: Stacks & state components 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you do that without stack option - do it by hand. Will this work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the time being yes. Requires me to create an artboard for each combination of opened and closed component, but its possible. I really wish Stacks will recognize component states in the future! Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Stack group will recognize the component states if the stack group is itself the component.

- Stack group (Component)
-- Group 1
-- Group 2
-- Group 3

Setting states to the stack group will respect the stack settings.

This fixed my issue using only 1 artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your solution of making the stack group a component does not work for me.

The stacking of nested groups responds correctly in the design file, but not in the preview mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines