• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still Missing fonts in Xd!?!?!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously was using Adobe cloud to manage required font for the project but that ended up being more pain than any gain (missing fonts).

I thought I solved the problem by installing all fonts required locally, but still XD is being a bad boy again!

It was working for a while!

I am on Windows 10 and last update of xd.

All fonts are installed locally and xd can't find the fonts. I checked with Photoshop and other apps just in case, all required fonts are there and can be used.

I rebooted, opened and closed xd and still... missing fonts.

I tried again with the Adobe Cloud fonts to activate, just in case, but I got the very informative message:

"The font could not be added because of conflict" (translation from French).

I finally deactivated again (last time all fonts front were deactivated) the fonts on Adobe Cloud, rebooted xd and still the issue is still there.....

That being said, it's not clear how exactly to use fonts with xd, locally, just Adobe fonts or possibly both? The last one being probably the issue of conflict when trying to activate fonts trough the Cloud if font are installed locally.

The new upgrade for missing fonts is not either helping resolve the issue.

Your help is welcome!

Thanks

TOPICS
Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Finaly got it to work!

But unfortunately I had to deactivate Adobe font in my preferences. This was the culprit all the time!

On windows, deactivate Adobe fonts: Creative Cloud  Descktop > Account > Preferences > services.

Deactivated Adobe fonts first, deactivated and uninstalled all fonts that were left causing issues if still there (add some localy), rebooted and checked several times to make sure no fonts were left behind with the issue.

First tried only adobe fonts with Nunito, Roboto and Ope

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are screen captures of some styles being loaded and some not.

roboto_partly_activated.PNGnunito_issues.PNG

It seams mostly italic but not always.

I have tried this solution without any success: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/user-guide.html/fonts/kb/font-activation-errors.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now the inconsistencies... of the two communication...

In the image below we can see the Roboto light italic being OK in xd but not in the Cloud...

Xd-Roboto-lightItalic-ok.PNGCould-Roboto-lightItalic-notok.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finaly got it to work!

But unfortunately I had to deactivate Adobe font in my preferences. This was the culprit all the time!

On windows, deactivate Adobe fonts: Creative Cloud  Descktop > Account > Preferences > services.

Deactivated Adobe fonts first, deactivated and uninstalled all fonts that were left causing issues if still there (add some localy), rebooted and checked several times to make sure no fonts were left behind with the issue.

First tried only adobe fonts with Nunito, Roboto and Open Sans. Still some font styles would not activate in Xd but showed to be OK in the Adobe fonts ?!?!?!

Deactivated Adobe fonts, installed the same fonts locally and all fonts styles were fine!

So moral of the story: If you have issues with some fonts and Xd, deactivate Adobe fonts from your account and try to install the fonts localy.

By the way, none of the Adobe proposed tutorial on the issue solved this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines