• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG import from PSD not supporting transparency from Photoshop to XD

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble with transparency and color for certain items on import of an SVG that was originally exported out of Photoshop. Any help is super appreciated.

Here is a quick run down of what I am doing?

Watch Loom Video

My gut is that transparency and things layer FX from Photoshop are NOT supported. Can you please confirm if this is actually the case OR better yet, how to set up my export settings or layers so that I don't have to update them on import?

The other option is to export as PNG and then use transparent buttons in XD for prototyping flow.

Thanks for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

The problem you're seeing lies with Photoshop and how you've built that file than XD. Photoshop does not export vector smart objects to SVG properly. It turns them into embedded PNGs instead of maintaining them as vector. Sad, because it "could" do it... it just doesn't (at least not yet, and I've been waiting years for this to be "fixed"). For Photoshop to export SVG with vectors, the layers must be native Photoshop vector layers (which could be colored using the fill, instead of a color overla

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem you're seeing lies with Photoshop and how you've built that file than XD. Photoshop does not export vector smart objects to SVG properly. It turns them into embedded PNGs instead of maintaining them as vector. Sad, because it "could" do it... it just doesn't (at least not yet, and I've been waiting years for this to be "fixed"). For Photoshop to export SVG with vectors, the layers must be native Photoshop vector layers (which could be colored using the fill, instead of a color overlay effect).

Converting a full Photoshop design to XD is not currently an easy task.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good thing I didn't find out about this after creating 114 UI Screens for a web application using Color Overlay for prrety much a 1000 icons. Oh wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines