• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Text]- Cursor doesn't appear while editing text in XD.

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am working on a pretty large prototype in XD.  I have recently been running into an issue where when I try to edit the text in a text box, no cursor will appear to show me where I am at in the box.  I can use the delete key and backspace key to erase the text, but when I try to type something new, nothing happens.  Then XD often freezes for an extended period (in the ballpark of 30 seconds to 5 minutes) whenever I try to exit the text box.  A restart of the program usually remedies the issue; but only for a few minutes.  It never actually causes XD to crash so I have no error code to report.  

I had hoped that updating to the most recent version of XD yesterday would have fixed the issue.  However, since installing version 27.1.12 the issue has been significantly worse.

I have attached a screenshot with info on the relevant version of XD and OS of my system.

EDIT:  Since posting this bug earlier this morning, I have needed to restart XD four times.  Please, help me before I break a keyboard....

OS Screen Shot.jpg

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Hi there,

We understand it could be frustrating for you. Would you mind confirming if you have tried signing out of XD and Creative Cloud and sign back and share results with us? If that doesn't help, could you please share a short video of the issue for better understanding? Is it happening with all the files or with this specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 2021, the bug is still here. What a great product this is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add me to the list.  It's not you!  It's XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines