• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Text]-How does XD embed Fonts in shared documents in XD?

Advisor ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does XD embedd fonts in shared documents? If I use Avenir and the recipient doesn't have that, will the recipient then see a fallback or substitute font? And will the document contain code specs on that substitute font? Will fonts appear the same for all types of shared documents from XD? So if you don't have the used font installed locally you won't see it in documents that are shared for development, review, presentation etc?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Hi Perrry brus,

Thank you for reaching out. I have seen a request for embed used fonts in XD file here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/20610463-embed-used-fonts-in-xd-file Please see if this matches your query. In addition to that, I assume if I am using a third party font apart from Adobe Fonts in my XD file which is installed on my machine and then if I share that file with someone who doesn't have the same font installed then the person wil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrry brus,

Thank you for reaching out. I have seen a request for embed used fonts in XD file here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/20610463-embed-use... Please see if this matches your query. In addition to that, I assume if I am using a third party font apart from Adobe Fonts in my XD file which is installed on my machine and then if I share that file with someone who doesn't have the same font installed then the person will either get a missing font error or it will replace the font with some system default font.

I am also keeping this discussion open for our experts who can also share their suggestions.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for adressing this, I have also now posted a request for a more predictable outcome in terms of typefaces used in shared XD documents. They should somehow be embedded so that all parties involved in the design iteration can see the same design instead of random fallback fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. I would request you to please share the UserVoice link with us so that we can also keep a track of it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can the Adobe expert share the method to embed special fonts in XD.

This request was made 10 months ago.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines