Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text not visible while typing Adobe XD

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the f***???

My XD is already up to date and still have this problem!

Someone help me plz!

ezgif-4-feaa0af4242b.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

I am using a macOS Mojave 10.14.1 and my Adobe XD is the 13.1.32.8. And I believe that there's no way to update the graphic drivers on macOS

But you saying that you don't have Gotham font installed on your computer got me thinking "what if I change the font I'm using?" and boom! I don't know why, but Gotham is the only font that is bugging.

That's really weird.

But anyway, it worked! haha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yseadi,

Could you please share a little more about this situation? When you said the text isn't visible while typing, could you please share the colour of the text which is selected?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what else I can say about it, but when you see my gif you will understand.

ezgif-4-d31917faf1aa.gif

This bug is pissing me off because I have a huge project to finish this week and everytime I try to select my text to edit it, it's like the text is insert in a shape... it's awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange. I don't have the Gotham font installed on my computer, but I tried reproducing your issue with another font and I wasn't able to. It could possible be a driver-related issue. If you are on a Windows OS, can you check if you have updated the graphic drivers on your device by visiting the manufacturer's site?

If you are in a rush, please contact us directly using this link Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a macOS Mojave 10.14.1 and my Adobe XD is the 13.1.32.8. And I believe that there's no way to update the graphic drivers on macOS

But you saying that you don't have Gotham font installed on your computer got me thinking "what if I change the font I'm using?" and boom! I don't know why, but Gotham is the only font that is bugging.

That's really weird.

But anyway, it worked! haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there...

I'm having this exact issue and guess what?  It only happens when I choose the Gotham font! 

If I change the block to another font, the problem goes away. 

Must be something weird with that font, specifically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no issues with Gotham at all. Can you update your XD to v20?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, and I'm just doing the tutorials ATM, I needed to go into the inspecter and choose darken. For some reason, that made all the difference. I was using Helvetica.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, would it be possible to share your file here for testing? You can upload your file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL here. We will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god I am so sorry!

Here it is:

ezgif-4-d31917faf1aa.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing this issue since I started using XD, unluckily still not able to find any solution.

One temporary solution is that you can increase the line height to match with font size

By the way, this is not a font issue, I try several different fonts, this issue exists even with Segoe UI (default font)

Untitled Project.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve actually tried increasing the line height and it makes no difference for me. At least not on single lines of text like labels, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand that could be frustrating. I have tried to reproduce the same at my end. The height of the box increases when I press enter after the text. Could you please check if you have some text after 18 or if you have pressed enter accidentally?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if I create a new text box and haven’t started typing (or just type one letter), it’s already not visible before I’ve even had a chance to hit return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you’re on Windows. Sometimes this happens when the graphics drivers are out of date. You should try updating them from your graphics card driver’s website (and not through Windows), reboot, and see if that fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m on a MacBook Pro, actually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, got it! That's a little unusual. What specific OS build are you on? Any chance you're on a beta of the OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. It’s whatever the current version of the latest os is. I typically keep os and apps current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check and give me the exact OS number? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS (Win10), Video driver (NVidia K2200) and Adobe XD all are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, there is no text after 18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AtDrive,

To proceed further, we will need to investigate the log files from your machine. Please generate log files using the information provided in this document <How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool>  and XD file as well. After the files have been generated, upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message.

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button.

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, if you just erase the line hight and enter, the text starts working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the workaround. I am sure, it will help other community members as well. We appreciate your participation in this community.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue for Mac users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines