• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The document “document name” could not be saved.

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update (Version 28.8.12.1 - Mac OS 10.15.4) everytime I click save it displays the above message - The document “document name” could not be saved.  - Saving to Google drive on Desktop.

After I click Okay, the document appears to be saved anyway (the * asterisks * dissapears) but the document doesn't actually save.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is this problem also with other files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, yeah, with any files that are saved to the computer. Not with files on the cloud.

This has only happened since I updated a couple days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked for updates to the Creative Cloud app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is the newest version available to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue and have had it since the update mentioned.

When working on a local document, I get the error message 'The document *document name* could not be saved'. If I then try to save again, it appears to have saved but in reality it hasn't.

Is there an update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if sync is enabled from the Creative Cloud app. Also, try using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall Adobe XD and remove any corrupt files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and realised it was an issue with Google Drive folders. I uninstalled Google Drive and re-installed it and everything works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Glad to hear that! Thanks for sharing the solution here, I am sure it will help other community members.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar to the other answer, my problem was also with Google Drive. I didn't have to uninstall, though. Quitting Google Drive and restarting seems to have fixed it. Not sure why it happened in the first place, though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines