• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There's a delay before I can click buttons that have hover states

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using buttons with hover states, I noticed that there's a slight delay before I can click the button (after hovering over it).

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say slight delay, can you put a number to it so that we can have a look and let you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to insert an animated GIF here, let's see if this works. So you can see there's a slight delay before the pointer changes and the object is clickable. This is confusing to people I send prototypes to.

ScreenFlow.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to click waits for the hover animation to complete. So if my hover animation duration was set to 0.6s, it would take 0.6s before I would be able to click the button. This also applies to the ability to hover over other buttons - a hover animation would have to complete before the new hover animation on the new button would begin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, and this behavior is undesirable. Users would mouse over and click a button immediately, and find that it doesn't work. IMO that's confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Prototype mode, for the Hover trigger, have you tried setting the Action to Transition, and Animation to None?  There wouldn't be a delay then.

- David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imagine that might indeed work, but it's not the desired effect since I do want to use hover. I just think the click hotspot should be active right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While that would give the ability for an immediate click, it defeats the purpose of having animation to simulate a real-world user experience. For instance, I want to add animation to make a button or section scale smoothly on hover, change color, move the text, add a moving shimmer, amongst other animations, that will demonstrate how the UI developer would create the same efeect in CSS or Javascript, which is pretty straight forward. As you know, in a browser there is no delay for one animation to end before the next begins (in a row of buttons, for instance), nor is there a delay to click on the button before animation ends. It's simply a performance request so that XD can mimic a browser experience a little better. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, so I can see two use cases here:

1. A prototype being used in-house by developers or other designers, who want to see the full animation so they can replicate it
  2. End-users being served a prototype to get feedback on a new feature; in this case, they probably couldn't care less about a hover animation

So my concern is related to #2. My users are likely to be confused when they mouse over a button and immediately click it, and get no result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that the click should be immediate on hover for prototypes for both developers and end users as full animations would/should always be available if you hover and don't click (for devs to see), but we don't want to have devs code a click after an animation. Real-world use case is a button fires its click state/animation/experience on click... not after a set hover animation time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don"t  know  now you fix the  problem ?

how to fix   =  set duration =  0

suwapich0D45_0-1635004657410.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have doubts, send me a message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For an instant hover effect - for the Action, instead of auto-animate, pick Transition. Then for Animation, select None.

SpasK_0-1635031200052.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines