Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thin white line between two elements on artboard when zooming the pasteboard

May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I zoom the pasteboard/view to anything more than or less than 100%, I'm seeing a thin white line between the bottom and top edges of two elements in the artboards. However, it doesn't show up in the exported png image of the artboard. And I made sure that there was no border active for the elements. How can I fix this? I attached a screenshot of what I'm referring to. Thanks.

arrow.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

If elements are positioned exactly against each other, then it's possible that at certain rendering percentages, the anti-aliasing reveals unexpected artefacts like these. I can easily reproduce it, as you can see from my example below:

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-10 om 23.01.13.png

The remedy is quite simple: let the elements overlap, e.g. by stretching the lower element.

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the original post which I edited. This was an accidental post. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, which version of Adobe XD are you using? Have you checked for available driver updates for your graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using version 28.8.12.1. I just installed Adobe XD yesterday via the Creative Cloud app on my Windows 10 (1909) PC. So, I'm assuming I have the latest version. And I already have the latest most up-to-date driver for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card. What else can I check or do?

By the way, this is an older 9 year old graphics card (release date January 25, 2011). Should I even have the CC subscription with this old graphics card? Should I cancel my subscription? I am still within the 30 day trial period. Thanks.

My PC Specs:

Motherboard: Asus P6T (not SE or Delux)

CPU: intel core i7 (920 @2.67GHz)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 24GB DDR3 (3 x 8GB) - CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Primary Drive: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD

Secondary Drive: Western Digital 1TB HDD

Power supply: Corsair TX850W 850 Watts

Monitors: Dual monitor, 2 - 24 inch Dell 24SE2416H Monitors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If elements are positioned exactly against each other, then it's possible that at certain rendering percentages, the anti-aliasing reveals unexpected artefacts like these. I can easily reproduce it, as you can see from my example below:

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-10 om 23.01.13.png

The remedy is quite simple: let the elements overlap, e.g. by stretching the lower element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this artifact produced on all PCs for all Adobe CC 2020 users, regarless of the specs for their graphics cards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this hasn't so much to do with graphic cards. Adobe XD is quite straightforward in 'feeding' the rendering process. I'm on a MacBook Pro with a lot of hoopla, and it still shows this thin line. And I'm definitely not going to tweak any GPU settings just because XD might need or benefit from it. Haven't touched GPU settings since Adobe introduced silly 3D features in Photoshop CS3, back in 2008 or so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. But, what's the permanent solution for this problem? Your suggestion of overlapping the edges won't work out though. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I let the elements overlapp won't that cover up a part of important sections of a saved component, for instance? For example, what if you have important icons at the bottom and top of two juxtoposed elements like in your example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily stretch the underlying black element to the top (and bottom) of the artboard, can't you ? Or even better: set the Artboard to a black fill and get rid of the black background element. Only when you're using elements with non-100% opacities, then you might need a different trick. But there's always some way to prevent/overcome this effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share your design with me (personally), if you want a more precise advice: peter@studea.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. I'll do that once I'm at least half way done with my XD project. That image I attached to the original post was from me just playing around with a UI kit and getting to know XD. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines