• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

troubles with nested components and hover states

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the problem with nested componenets and haven't been able to figure it out yet! When you tap top-tier nav item, I want it to drop down and show 2 subnav options. Each of the sub options also has a hover effect and tap function on it. When I isolate each hover and tap action to test them, they work fine. But when I put it all together, the nested second layer of hover states and tap states doesn't seem to work

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dipti,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with nested components in XD. Is it possible for you to share the screenshot of your prototype mode showing all the interactions? It will help us in understanding the workflow. 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for the response. I've created one file to explain the issue
https://xd.adobe.com/view/ab51620a-8ec0-4195-53a2-4805a4db72c3-dd60/

Let me know if this helps to understand the problems with nested components.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the link. It would be helpful if you can guide me which dropdown to check. Do I need to click By Column dropdown?. Would it possible for you to share the screenshot of the prototype mode showing all the interactions? Is the hover working fine in desktop preview?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dipti_rathi_0-1588655350012.png

In the above screenshot, there is hover tooltip inside the panel of 'i' icon click event which is again a compnonent. If this panel opens by default then hover tooltip works. But if panel opens when click of 'i' icon (which is expected behaviour ) then hover within that componenet wont work. Same for sample size dropdown. If by default open then click on compute button works but if drodpwon is trigger when click on the arrow then click event on button doens't work as it is part two nested components. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Have not received any updates on the issue posted. Let me know if you need more clarifications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have exactly the same probleme with nested components inside rollover. Each alone work fine, but when i put one component inside an other one. Only the first rollover work.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I am sorry you ran into trouble with hover in nested components. Would you mind sharing a short video of your workflow from scratch so that we can test at our end?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the prototype link, David. I am not quite clear with the link. Could you please share the screenshot of your design in prototype mode showing all the interaction and wires?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure this would help you but her it is :

mr-gu-JQOU2N_0-1588760158238.png

Thanks

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

do you have any news about this issue?

Thanks

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, 

Sorry for the delay in response. It appears that this is the same workflow you're following please have a look: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38968075-hover-ins...

This might be the cause of the issue. Let me know if it's the similar issue

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

Yes it's the same issue

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines