Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

two menu bars: first disappears, second fixed

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have two menu bars. The first one is fixed, the second menu bar scrolls over it. Facebook has the same scolling what I want to do, for which I attached a couple of pictures.

Sorry for my english.

Picture1: No scrolling. Both top menu bars can be seen.

pic1.jpeg

Picture 2: Scrolling. Only one menu bar (second menu bar) can be seen.

pic2.jpeg

How can I do that in Andobe XD?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

This is not currently possible in XD. Elements are either fixed, or scroll. They cannot start scrolling and then become fixed at a certain point.

You should head over to https://adobexd.uservoice.com/ and see if a feature request like that has been made and upvote it, or create a new feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mate909,

Thanks for using Adobe XD and sharing the screenshots. Could you please check this prototype: - Adobe XD CC and check if this is any closer to your expectation? If yes, you can create it using Auto-Animations.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul_Saini,

Yes, this could be workable. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have tried out the new feature "Auto Animation", but it still not work.

The picture shows the example what I want. "Status bar" and "Bar 1" should be fixed, which I can do. But now I have some problems.

"Bar 2" should scroll over "Bar 1" and when "Bar 2" reaches "Status bar", it should be fixed too. The "Content" scrolls through "Bar 2" & "Status bar".

Left picture shows the beginning (No scrolling). Right picture shows the result (after scrolling).adobe xd example.PNG

Maybe someone can help me and explain me "Auto Animation"? It would be awesome, if I can implement these fixed App bars to my project.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate909, thanks for sharing the details, could you please share the link to this prototype so that we may try to assist you with this?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link:  Adobe XD CC

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mate909,

Thanks for sharing the prototype. I would request you to place the Bar's layer on the top. So that rest everything which scrolls go under it. Please try to update this discussion with the results. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not currently possible in XD. Elements are either fixed, or scroll. They cannot start scrolling and then become fixed at a certain point.

You should head over to https://adobexd.uservoice.com/ and see if a feature request like that has been made and upvote it, or create a new feature request.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to suggest you my video about Auto Animate. Unfotunatly it is in my native language but hope that can help you.

Adobe XD CC - Ավտո-Անիմացիա (Auto-Animate) in Armenian - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several people have suggested Auto Animate. That will not work if you want to make an interactive prototype to test on users. But Auto Animate could work if all you need to do is make a "video" showing developers how the scrolling and snapping behavior will work. In that case you should try Auto Animate.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What about now? Any idea on how to create multiple sticky elements on a prototype to test on users ?
Something like this : https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_sticky_element.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. If I heard you right, you are looking for this functionality: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34603798-fixed-sti...

If so, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines