• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to close preview windows of XD on macOS by keyboard shortcut.

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For close preview window cmd+w not worked

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

I think it's time to do the inevitable dirty trick.

Since you're working on a Mac, you can easily (and for the sake of testing) create a new user account and try using Adobe XD with such cloud files and hope the shortcut is failing again.

If it is still misbehaving, then there must have gone something wrong in the application, so remove Adobe XD completely and reinstall it (by deinstalling in the CC Desktop app). That is, when you haven't done that before.

If it's working okay, then there mi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it still works in Adobe XD (most recent version) on my Mac (with Catalina). So there must be something else hindering this keystroke, or it's a temporary misbehavior. Does it happen all the time, even after quitting and restarting XD, or restarting your Mac ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I can close the main app window by clicking cmd + W but cannot close the preview window this way.

I'm on Adobe XD 28.7.12.4 and macOS 10.15.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it still has "focus" ?

(Meaning that it's not just the front-most but also the active window?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's got focus / is active. I dragged it around to be sure about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Could you descrive if it has worked before, or never works at all, or doesn't work after a while, or after certain actions ?  There must be a pattern, or a difference...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did work in the previous XD versions... Don't know exactly until which one. And up til now I couldn't find any pattern or correlations since it just doesn't work at all. On both my MacBook Pro and my iMac Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, now I found something. It's in a cloud document where it doesn't work. In the documents on my local documents it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that's something to go by !

I also checked a cloud-document, but the Cmd-W still works.

But maybe the problem has been addressed by the new version ?

Mac is now on 28.8.12.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 28.8.12.1. but still experience the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's time to do the inevitable dirty trick.

Since you're working on a Mac, you can easily (and for the sake of testing) create a new user account and try using Adobe XD with such cloud files and hope the shortcut is failing again.

If it is still misbehaving, then there must have gone something wrong in the application, so remove Adobe XD completely and reinstall it (by deinstalling in the CC Desktop app). That is, when you haven't done that before.

If it's working okay, then there might be some corruption in user-based Library files.

Could you try temporarily switch off all plugins you might have activated, quit XD, restart it, and try if this helped ?

If it didn't help, we might find a culprit at a deeper user level.

I know that in the Library folder in the Application Support folder, there are an Adobe.XD folder, and Adobe XD folder in the Adobe folder. Removing them might help. Quit XD before doing so, open the Library folder by pressing the option key while choosing the Go menu command. And rather copy these folders to your dekstop, and delete the original folders. If that fresh start didn't help, you might as well copy them back again so certain features return to your preferred setting. Nothing crucial to miss out on, but it's a small effort.

Also try moving/copying/deleting (and perhaps putting back again) these four files from the Preferences folder in the Library folder: 

com.adobe.xd.plist

com.adobe.xd.uxp_CC_LIBS.plist

com.adobe.xd.uxp_com.adobe.ccx.xd-start.plist

com.adobe.xd.uxp_com.adobe.ccext.pluginmarketplace.plist

Maybe some one from the support team can point out which other files or folders to delete, in order to let XD have a totally clean start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing here, seems like a (very annoying) version bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines