and my os is Windows 10 1903

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Adobe XD Community!

Hope you are safe at home.

We are sorry to hear you are unable to copy and paste elements in Adobe XD. We would like to know a few more details like-

• Are you trying to copy the images from one XD file into another?
  • Are you using keyboard shortcut like ( CTRL+ C ) to copy and (CTRL + V) to paste or the menu option?
  • Is it happening with a specific file or all the files?
  • Is it possible for you to share your workflow with the help of video for better understanding?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replayin:
    •Same problem from xd file into anthor

And in the same file

•im trying copying and pasting with keybaord shortcuts 
     and from the menu option

•it is happening with all files

I inserted a video for my problem 
and i hope you can help me

and thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the details. Could you please try to copy content from an XD file and try pasting in Paint application and let us know if you are able to do that? Also, have you tried re-installing the application?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved or not? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem. I have tried re-install, control panel. Everything. Can you please help me??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ahmed

I'm facing the same problem here , have you solved it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Omar,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a small video of the workflow and what exactly is happening? We'll also need the version of XD & OS, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem. exactly as video above. version: 38.0.12 (starter), creative cloud sync 4.9.0.19, OS name microsoft windows 10 pro, version 10.0.19041 build 1904

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please update XD to 38.1 version and see if that helps? If it doesn't, please let us know if the keyboard shortcut is working. Is it happening with every file or with a specific file?

I will try my best to escalate it to the team for further investigation.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updated. still happens. can't possibly copy and paste through any means (shortcut or through the drop down menu) and it happens with every file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information. Is it possible for you to share the XD file with me over a private message so that I can investigate it at my end? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM.

Note: Please add the URL of this post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please update XD to the latest version which is 38.1 and let us know if it still happens? 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updated. it still happens.

also with larger files i occasionally get this bug:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-enter-text-in-adobe-xd-bug/m-p/10909422

which i don't care about becuase it's fine after i exit and reopen. Just thought i'd let you know.

Not being able to copy and paste is a major issue though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just an update: still no solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - cannot copy/paste any item on the artboard in adobe XD. I tried to click ctrl+c / ctrl+v and also clicked on the drop-down list. Doesn't work....

Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's adobe XD 2023 and you i still can't copy and past from one XD file to another XD file. Please advise!!!!

You think this glitch woould be fixed i've been working in adobe illustrator photoshop and inDesign since they were invented..... argh.  makes one want to go to what all the young kids are going to CANVA for free out of australia. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem just now. CMD+C amd CMD+V doesn't do anything. I can see the menu items light up as I'm using the keyboard shortcuts. Nothing gets copied or pasted, even when using the menu items instead. Holding OPTION + drag works, but it's not the workflow I'm looking for in this particular project I'm working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: restarted Adobe XD until the function worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im unable to copy and paste from Illustrator - all programs are up to date. 
Being unable to perform such an action is a massive flaw and incredibly infuriating - this must be a known issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines