• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to initialize CC library in XD 49 version

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe XD on a Windows 11 computer (previously used win10). 
After update 49.0.12 I can no longer access the CC library through the library panel.
I have gone through the official steps after googling the issue, but the steps do not work.
I can see the libraries in CC Desktop application but as said they do not show in XD.

I tried downgrading to XD version 48.0.12 and can confirm the library panel works there, but my work files cannot be opened since they were "created in a newer version of XD" forcing me to go back to the 49. if I want to work on them at all. Upon reinstalling version 49, the libaries panel stops working again.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

The solution that worked for me, seems to work in Windows 10 and 11:

1. Close XD.
  2. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
  3. Run CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n=adobe.xd_pc75e8sa7ep4e
  4. Open XD, issue resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry for the frustration caused. We checked the root cause of the issue and got to know that since XD 49 release, Adobe XD package name has changed; hence the old command mentioned in the KB will not work.

CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n=adobe.xd_pc75e8sa7ep4e

The command mentioned above should work now.

We have already requested the documentation team to update the KB.

Hope it answers your question.

Thank you, erik-nl, for sharing the correct command that helped our c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, Windows 11, XD 49.0.12 > Libraries not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea if win 11 is the culprit, but I thought it was worth a mention. Would be interesting to know if someone on Win10 is having the same issues on the 49 version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10, Version 49.0.12.14. Libraries not working, went through all the things everyone else is attempting, plus the additional frustration of XD randomly not loading all the way and having to end task in task manager. A co-worker having the same issue contacted Adobe support but simply pointed to the same old things we've all been doing before getting cut off. No working solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me - cannot load any of the libraries after update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD: 49.0.12

Windows: 10

CC libraries are not working either. I tried the preivous work around by initializing through Powershell with no success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I am on Windows 10 Pro. Have run through ALL the troubleshooting steps. Now have a team in trouble because we deserately need to fix an issue with one of our libraries, and I cannot access the library in question through the source file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, a colleague with the exact same Windows version as me is not having this issue. So maybe not OS related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, colleagues on W11 and W10, no issue with 49.

This is really frustrating. I cannot access my cloud libraries which I need, and I cannot open files created by colleagues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a complete reinstall - used the CC Cleaner tool as well - but didn't help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody found a solution? I am technically unemployed because of this error... Tried everything there is. Uninstalling, cleaning, updating, reinstalling, clearing libraries, clearing settings, clearing cache, run windows diagnostics etc. etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I tried reinstalling CC Library application as well as all the other common fixes, did not work. 
I have updated all drivers, Windows (because you never know, right?), I just have no idea what causes the issue.
Luckily I can still make WFs and concepts but yeah, I really need the libraries to be able to work as expected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, tried that as well. In the meantime new files by teammates are being created in 49 and I can no longer access them.

Only solution might be reinstalling Windows, but I am starting to think it is some kind of hardware driver related issue as same Windows builds have no issue.

I am on a Dell Precision 5760 - i9 11950H - RTX A3000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like lisa, I installed the previous version and the libraries are there, but if you've saved any files using v49, they won't open, but looks like you can have 2 versions installed, so maybe copy/paste over from the bad version to the good version? Don't know if that will work, but will try. Open Creative Cloud Desktop, go to All Apps, then select the ellipsis to the right of XD and this will open a window giving you the option to install v48. No need to uninstall v49.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought of this yesterday when I was trying to figure out if 48 was working, but for some reason if I tried to open 48 without uninstalling 49, XD still opened in v49. I had to uninstall 49 to get 48 to open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazingly, I have both versions open at the same time and able to copy/paste from one to the other. I don't know yet what features or functionality I may have lost, but for now I have access to my libraries again and everything else seems to be working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you open the 'New' installed version and then open v49. I did have to use task manager once to end process on v49 because I got the white screen, but then it opened after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get both 48 and 49 working at the same time, but don't know how to get my "49-era" mega file working in 48. (Does anyone know any good articles around the implications of copying an older XD file over the top of a newer file version, in Adobe Cloud? I've done it before, but it always makes me nervous, because the file is widely shared and the basis for a massive prototype and key asset library for a large team.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone from Adobe even active on these forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution that worked for me, seems to work in Windows 10 and 11:

1. Close XD.
  2. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
  3. Run CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n=adobe.xd_pc75e8sa7ep4e
  4. Open XD, issue resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I am beyond words right now, so happy this worked!
How did you figure this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was suggested to someone else by Adobe support. Why they don't seem to reply here or post this on their website is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed! They seem to select very randomly which threads get a response. I hope they add this line to the official fix webpage. Anyway, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now wait until they fix the color picker... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you also having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines