• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to move an XD screen between two different monitors in XD 41

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've some issues with the new XD version (41.0.12) on windows (you can find the specs at the end).
If I try to drag a window between my two monitors XD crash and collapse immediately, this issue happens in both ways (file opened on the first screen and then dragged on the secondary or file opened on the secondary and then dragged on the first).
It happens with any kind of XD file both local or cloud, any solution available?

-Here the specs:

Device name LAPTOP-7V6I9TGH
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.00 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
Device ID 7583AD19-1AE3-4C63-A81A-8D6C1C781482
Product ID 00325-96466-94636-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

whit a build-in Nvidia GeForce MX150 and a secondary monitor AOC)

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

We are a team of 3 designers and we are all facing this issue. We all use Windows 10 latest version. 

A workaround for us is to use the WINDOWS + ARROW KEYS to navigate the window to the other monitor. This is not crashing Xd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. We really appreciate it. With the latest XD update (41.1) version you should be able to move the screens without any issue. Please try that and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here the OS specs:

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎25/‎03/‎2021
OS build 19042.1052
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the details. This appears to be a known issue, would you mind sharing the crash dump from your machine for investigation purposes? Please follow the steps mentioned here to enable crash dump https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/kb/how-to-collect-crash-logs.ug.html. Collect the logs after the next crash event and share them via PM. You may upload the logs to CC or Dropbox and simply share the link. 

Awaiting your response. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thierry_Forgiarini,

Hope you're doing well. We haven't heard from you on this topic. Whenever you can find some time, please follow the instruction mentioned in my last post and share the logs so that we can add them to our investigation. 

Stay safe and healthy! 

Post away,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3r4csx4l6069z3q/XD.exe.452.dmp?dl=0

Thanks, here you can find the file, I hope it's the right one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the logs We have logged a bug for the issue for further investigation. We'll get back to you as soon as we hear anything nack from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight that it's a known issue>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the exact same issue. It was working fine until today morning and suddenly now when I try to move XD to a different screen (an attached monitor), the software crashed. Initially I did not understand what was happening, but then it started happening every time I dragged XD to the other screen. That's when I realized what was happening. Searched for the issue and landed here. Please help team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started facing an issue with XD where the software crashes while trying to move/drag XD from one monitor to another. I am using a laptop which has Windows 10 installed and an external monitor attached to it. Today while I tried to move XD from my laptop screen to the monitor it suddenly closed. I opened XD again and tried to move it and the same thing happened. Since then it has happened multiple times even after restarting my PC. I am using an HDMI cable to connect to the monitor. I am attaching the following details regarding system information: 

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
OS Version: 10.0.19042 N/A Build 19042
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 12 GenuineIntel ~1803 Mhz
XD version: 41.0.12.11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jubyv,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting the issue. This is a known issue and the team is investigating it. We'll update the post as soon as we hear any updates on the issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note that a chunk of my work got lost due to this and the client demo had to be postponed since there was nothing to show. We are a service based company and this is not at all feasible for us. Please see to it that such issues get resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, unable to move my XD window from a small screen to a bigger screen like if it was unsuitable or as if the graphic card wasn't set for manage this display problem.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry for the trouble. The team is already aware of the issue and is working on it to fix it as soon as possible. You'll definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a team of 3 designers and we are all facing this issue. We all use Windows 10 latest version. 

A workaround for us is to use the WINDOWS + ARROW KEYS to navigate the window to the other monitor. This is not crashing Xd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU I was losing my mind trying to drag the window ever so slowly whenever I had to switch.

10/10 workaround untill Adobe fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update i'm litteraly unable to manipulate/resize or drag the XD screen without it crashing 100% of the time.

The program always opens on my main 4k screen and I'm unable to drag it to any other HD or 4k screen.

I'm running the latest version of XD, Adobe Cloud on a windows 10 system with a GTX3060 GPU on the latest drivers.

Is this a common problem and is there a fix because this constant crashing is getting pretty annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We have already logged a bug and the team is already working on fix, please stay tuned to this thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-move-an-xd-screen-between-two-different-monitors/m... for any update.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabn,

I don't know if it is related, but since this morning XD won't start at all.
Even after several restarts it keeps hanging on the white + logo loading screen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi smeckdesigns,

Thank you for reaching out. No, it's not related to the issue on this thread. Although, I would request you to please try the below steps-

• Sign out of XD and Creative Cloud app.
  • Quit Creative Cloud Desktop app and kill all related processes from Task Manager/ Activity Monitor.
  • Restart the machine.
  • Sign back in Creative Cloud app and then Launch XD from CC app.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Using arrow keys to move monitors I'm still seeing a crash. However if I open XD without opening a file, move to another monitor, then open a file, I'm finding it works OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the workaround that helped you. The issue is being worked on and you'll definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with 2 27" monitors with different resolutions (FHD and 4K). Every time I drag an opened document to another monitor XD freezes. It doesn't close, just freezes. Quite odd.

I'm using the last Nvidia game-ready drivers (1080 ti) with an 5900x + x570 rog crosshair hero + 32gb 3600Mhz + NVME WD black.

ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We have already logged a bug for this issue and the Engineering team is working on a fix. Please stay tuned to this thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-move-an-xd-screen-between-two-different-monitors/m... for an update.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. We really appreciate it. With the latest XD update (41.1) version you should be able to move the screens without any issue. Please try that and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for fixing this quickly team. I have updated my XD to the latest version. Will update here if the issue occurs again. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming. Please check and feel free to update this discussion in case if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines