• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected/inconsistent relationship between Flow and Share Link

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the benefit of having multiple flows was the ability to have multiple share links associated with those flows, but it doesn't behave how I'd expect it. I have one Share link per flow.

Here is the workflow currently: 

-  Create & publish share link for Flow 1 (main new feature UI flow), disseminate to team

-  Continue to design & update share link for Flow 1 

-  Create Flow 2 when additional design request comes in (Notification flow surrounding new feature) 

-  Create Share link for Flow 2, disseminate to team

-  Need to update Flow 1: go into XD doc and make changes on those screens

-  In "Share" section, see that Flow 2 is highlighted and Flow 2's Share Link is shown in right-side panel

-  Switch share links in right side panel to Flow 1's share link

-  Flow 2 is still highlighted in "Share" section when Flow 1's share link is selected, despite the fact that Flow 1's share link has never been associated with Flow 2.

-  (I didn't notice this)

-  Clicked "update" on Flow 1's share link

-  Developers go to Flow 1's share link and see the COMPLETELY wrong thing. 

Expected: Tighter and more consistent relationship of flows with share links in the "Share" section. I want one highlighted "Flow" to be associated with one Share link. It seems like the highlighted flow just stays on whichever Flow was previously highlighted, regardless of the Share link that is being updated.

Can you help me understand how this is intended to work? Is it a bug? Am I misunderstanding best practices for how to use "Flows"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Hi Shannonc77773,

Thank you for reaching out, I see what you're going through. To get the desired results, you need to ensure that flow selected on the pasteboard and highlighted in the "Link" dropdown should be the same, unlike the screenshot. 

Atul_Saini_0-1603108202336.png

If you go by the screenshot it would be, overwrite the "Flow 1" link with "Horizontal scrolling" flow. 

I have taken your feedback here and I'll share the same with the team. Meanwhile, you may use this workaround here. Ensure that the same flow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shannonc77773,

Thank you for reaching out, I see what you're going through. To get the desired results, you need to ensure that flow selected on the pasteboard and highlighted in the "Link" dropdown should be the same, unlike the screenshot. 

Atul_Saini_0-1603108202336.png

If you go by the screenshot it would be, overwrite the "Flow 1" link with "Horizontal scrolling" flow. 

I have taken your feedback here and I'll share the same with the team. Meanwhile, you may use this workaround here. Ensure that the same flow and link are selected. Or always select the flow from pasteboard, not the "Link" dropdown to avoid confusion. 

I hope this works. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Atul! Yes, I understand — that's exactly the workaround that is frustrating. I will obviously do this moving forward but it really is an extra step that shouldn't need to be done. (Especially, as you reminded me, the default names for the share links ARE the flow names!) And it is such a small/simple thing to forget with outsized consequences if the wrong flow is published to a link. (It can go for a while without being discovered, and it is highly confusing upon discovery to the developer that is attempting to use the design, and they aren't quite sure what to do about it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note: While I appreciate your work, Atul, I object to this being chosen as the "correct" answer! It does not solve the core issue at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines