• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Enter key by the numpad on mac keeps the textfield highlighted

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit the properties of an object in the right pane and press the Enter key by the numpad on mac, the text field stays highlighted and I can't use any keyboard shortcuts to keep working. Say that I need to edit the size of a rectangle and then want to use the Select (V) tool to move. I click the text field in properties to edit the value, then press enter and finally press V to enable the Select tool. If I use the Enter key by the numpad I end up not being able to move my rectangle and the text field where I just edited the size now has "v" as value. So annoying. This can't be a feature, it has to be a bug. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble using numpad in XD. Would you mind sharing the XD version of your machine? Is it happening with a specific file or all the files? 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 33.1.12.4, macos Catalina, 10.15.6. 
All files. I don't have any other problems with the numpad. It's just that using the Enter key by the numpad doesn't "submit" what I've entered and keeps the textfield where I just made changes highlighted. I made a short video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information and video. We are unable to reproduce the same at our end on macOS. Could you please try signing out of XD and Creative Cloud, restart the machine and then sign back in?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting. I can reproduce it on both personal and professional my MacBook Pros. My personal 5 years old and my professional is two years old. Both on Catalina, both with most recent version of XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I tried signing out of Creative Cloud, restart machine and sign in and the problem was still there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/19542709-committin...

(On my Mac Pro (High Sierra) neither the Enter nor numeric pad Enter commit the input fields... (MacBook is fine - but I don't have Numeric Pad on my MacBook) )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's a shame that the numeric Enter doesn't commit text fields. This thread is about input fields, like changing size of objects. Commiting those fields used to work with the numeric Enter key. 

I think this issue started around when Adobe introduced alt+1, alt+2 and alt+3 to toggle between work spaces (Design, Prototype, Share) which worked poorly on swedish keyboard layouts as it would change to Prototype when you entered the @ symbol in a text field in the Design work space. 

Maybe it's another "International keyboard issue".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. Could you please check if you're still experiencing the issue on the latest version of XD 34.1?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I still experience the problem in version 34.1.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines