• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the color of my photos changes after import?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Why does the color of any photo (PNG and JPEG) change after import? The colors are brighter and the saturation is more intense. This problem doesn't appear on Figma, for example.

Is there any possible way to turn this off?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Are your Illustrator color settings the same as for your display? Try to calibrate you display colors also. Just coping object from Ai to XD (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) shows the same color for me.

AresHovhannesyan_0-1669467802079.png

By @Ares Hovhannesyan

I found the problem : is it a color profil meaning.

Adobe XD is set in sRGB. If the others software (Illustrator or Photoshop) are set in another profil, such as Adobe RGB 1998, the color won't appear in the same way. But there is also the display to set : i have calibrated all my screens in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind checking this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/import-export-issues.html ? I would also like to know if this happens with a specific image or all the images you import? From where are you importing the images in XD.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hashika,

Now I am sorry for the delay!

Thank you for sending the article. However, it's not the problem,. I import images from Illustrator, sometimes it's even normal photos that I downloaded on Unsplash or Pexels.

I attached an example of how the images always turn out in XD (super bright). The left one is the original that I created in Illustrator. Does that help?

Thank you and take care,

Anna

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-19 um 16.22.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the colour profile of your AI file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is weird - I have this problem exactly the other way around.
I import a bright orange JPG Brand Logo and as soon as its in XD the colors are muted/desaturated... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have exactly the same problem with all the files I am importing on my XD document (image downloaded from the web, PSD files, PNG, JPG, etc.)

Is there any way to get the true colors ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your Illustrator color settings the same as for your display? Try to calibrate you display colors also. Just coping object from Ai to XD (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) shows the same color for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @Ares Hovhannesyan

I found the problem : is it a color profil meaning.

Adobe XD is set in sRGB. If the others software (Illustrator or Photoshop) are set in another profil, such as Adobe RGB 1998, the color won't appear in the same way. But there is also the display to set : i have calibrated all my screens in sRGB. In that way, i can find the same color in every software and application.

it's the only solution i found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines