• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD crashes during launch

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe XD since 2016 and never had any problems. Now suddenly, I cannot get XD to open. Regardless of whether I try to open it from the desktop, start menu, or from the Creative Cloud home, a white screen pops up like it's starting to launch and then it just closes out.

I've tried uninstalling, restarting, and reinstalling, and that hasn't worked. What's going wrong?

(This is on PC, Windows 10)

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white screen is a known issue. Are you using the latest version of XD?
There is a link to information on helpx.adobe.com for the white screen.
You might also consider using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool in case something is staying installed when you do the uninstall/reinstall process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. I tried all of the suggestions on the help page for the white screen.

Solution 1 - did not work, was already set up correctly

Solution 2 -  I could not locate the BlockProtocolElevation

Solution 3 - did not work

Solution 4 - did not work

I will try using the creative cloud cleaner tool. I'll note that I have about 30 error messages in the event viewer on my PC that all say something along the lines of "The server Adobe.CC.XD_26.0.22.5_x64__adky2gkssdxte!App.AppXpc2jz922aeh1p2kp6138cb4cezje7c48.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."

Therefore, I've also looked up ways to fix the DCOM situation but none of those have helped either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, used the same solutions, made clean install (OS clean install, damn it). The problem is in the new version, not in the registry or system dll's. I also made rollback to previous version with the same end result - white screen on launch. Lol, I thought that broken color picker, that have never been fixed, was bad enough. Surprise-surprise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines