• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Freezes after Exporting Artboards to PNGs

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I export artboards as PNGs, Xd will freeze once the export is complete. The screen gets stuck in a loading state, I presume this is when the Xd is autosaving any recent changes. Has anyone else experienced this issue? It's incredibly frustrating and slowing down my workflow. 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Hi Harshika,

I fixed the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling Xd on to my machine. The problem seemed to be related to updating to Catalina OS on my macbook.

Thanks, Ruth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Hi everybody,

This is a bug in the folder picker that appeared in the latest versions of OSX. We have been in contact with Apple regarding this issue, they are aware of it and they are working on it. 

In the meanwhile, what we can recommend as workarounds:

- if possible, don't use the New Folder functionality from the folder/file picker

- if you do use it and you notice the options view (the part below the folders where you can select for which platform to export - iOS, Android etc) becoming unres

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD. We haven't seen anyone else reporting the similar issue. We would like to know a few more details to investigate like-

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?
  • Have you checked the latest update to your graphic card driver? Please visit the manufacturer site to check for and apply the latest updates to graphic drivers and let us know if that works for you.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I fixed the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling Xd on to my machine. The problem seemed to be related to updating to Catalina OS on my macbook.

Thanks, Ruth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem. So frustrating! and it still happens even after reinstalling Xd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem when I create a folder when exporting - the progress bar remain on screen after a PNG export and the app is frozen, so I have to force quit. Sometimes it doesn't happen, but frequently it does. Will try the uninstall / reinstall suggestion, but an annoying problem all the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Windows 10. It's not doing it all the time it seems, but when it does it's bad. It freezes at 99% of the export, produces the correct amount of files with their respective names, but the files are 0k, completely empty and I have to force shut the application. Even worse is that it doesn't want to start again unless I restart the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of Adobe XD.
  2. Does this happen on a specific file or all the files?
  3. Does it generate a crash report?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Version 28.4.12.3
  2. I can't say for sure. While technically it doesn't happen on the same exact file, the way I was working these days is copy the same file each day and put a different version in it's name, so it's kinda the same file, but not exactly. I now tried to replicate it. I took another file, exported 10 screens and there was no issue. Came back to the big file I speak of above and when I tried to export 4 artboards at once it broke. And come to think of it, it does happen always while exporting multiple artboards.
  3. I don't think it does. The crash report should come in a dialogue, right? The app just freezes when the export progress bar reaches the end and that's it.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Does it happen just for PNG or for other formats as well? Is it something special about those artboards that cause the export to freeze? Are you working on a document that is co-edited with somebody else?

Cheers,

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just happened on a completely different file. I restarted the machine and tried again with JPG. It broke when I tried to export more than two artboards at once. I had other files opened in Adobe XD, there the application remained responsive but when I tried to save a file it died also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. Could you please update XD to the latest version that is 28.6.12.3 and if it happens even after updating to the latest version, I'd request to please share below details:

1. Sample file to test it on our end.
  2. System logs by following the steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was already on the latest version. Yesterday I tried "Export all artboards" instead of selecting a few and exporting them. It broke again.

The logs are uploaded, hope they help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for being with in the meantime we investigate the issue. We are unable to locate your logs. Could you please send us either the name of the Adobe logs file or upload the logs to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with us over a private message?

We will try our best to help.

Note: Please share the link of the post over PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug mutated 😄

I tried to export two artboards at once and the app crashed as expected. What changed is that the app started exporting the elements. And what is even funnier - the assets exported are not from the artboards I was exporting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem.

Adobe XD version 28.9.12

Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836)

I also export a bunch of artboards at the same time then it hangs at 99% and error doesnt appear.

The created JPG files are blank or broken. Before I can still see some JPGs useful but not until I reinstall the app.

I also try to reinstall the app but did'nt work. I also try restarting my computer just to make sure, still it doesnt function

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it only JPGs that are broken for you or any other format? Can you please try PNG and SVG?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love AdobeXD  but this issue is driving me nuts. I have the same problem every time I try to export to PNG/JPG adobe gets stuck, Installed it on a brand new MacBook pro 16 and still the same problem. Super frustrating as it slows down the workflow tremendously.

I have the latest version of XD and Catalina.  Help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in response and sorry to hear you are having trouble while exporting in XD. Would you mind confirming if you have tried switching to a different network? Let us know if that helps. 

Please share the screenshot of your about XD info page. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

This is a bug in the folder picker that appeared in the latest versions of OSX. We have been in contact with Apple regarding this issue, they are aware of it and they are working on it. 

In the meanwhile, what we can recommend as workarounds:

- if possible, don't use the New Folder functionality from the folder/file picker

- if you do use it and you notice the options view (the part below the folders where you can select for which platform to export - iOS, Android etc) becoming unresponsive (unable to select a different platform), click again on New Folder and then Cancel. This seems to reset the UI and you should be able to complete the export from that point on without any issue. If, while in the frozen state, you exit the folder picker (either by hitting Export or by hitting Cancel) without clicking on New Folder again, you will have to kill Xd to get the UI back to its normal behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the workaround, it will surely help other members of the community.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm having the same issue with Windows 10. Adobe XD just freezes while exporting assets in PNG format. I didn't try other formats. Most of the time XD freezes at 99% just before the bar could reach the end, and sometimes it freezes before that. The issue showed after the last couple of updates. When it freezes I force quit the application through Windows Task Manager. Everytime I quit it, all subprocesses under Adobe XD disappear except Runtime Broker. It stays there and when I re-open Adobe XD, a new Runtime Broker is added as a subprocess. So now after closing and re-openning for 5 times, I have 5 Runtime Broker subprocesses runnning under Adobe XD in the Task Manager. This issue happened with multiple XD files and when I force-quit the app, no crash report is generated.

Now the last time I tried, it froze before even starting and then it won't even force quit from the Windows Task Manager. It says "Access is denied".

I run a Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 OS build 19041.264
Adobe XD Version: 29.3.32.3 (Starter), Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.45.2

All my drivers are up-to-date.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mamdouh,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with XD. We would request you to please sign out of XD, Creative Cloud and restart the machine and sign back again. 

If that doesn't help, please try closing all the coresync process from the task manager.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika,

Thank you for your quick reply. The workaround you suggested above worked perfectly. But I'm worried the issue might show up again. Yesterday the same issue occurred and after hours of trying to solve it, I ended up restarting my device, and then it worked perfectly until today when the issue happened again. So, will it be required to restart my device every time this issue shows up? It never happened before the latest couple of updates.

Thanks,
M. Mamdouh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the same issue. PNG, JPGs or SVG files doesn't matter - it freezes. Seems like no rhyme or reason to it... i have to force quit Xd to escape it. Super frustrating and drags my workflow. Please help! I love Xd but honestly this is the only problem I've had with it. It's occured over the last few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines