Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Hover state not working

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I'm currently prototyping an app and i've been creating hover state for buttons and most a working but there is a few that aren't working in play mode however in design they still say that the hover state is there, so I'm unsure why its not working or whats wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Hi Rissel.

A few things to look out for when working with hover states:

1. Make sure all your components with hover states are set to the default state when you create / update the prototype. If they are set to the hover state, it is already "activated", so nothing will hapen when you hover the element.

2. When linking an element with a hover state to do something (transition to another artboard, scroll to, etc.), create the link while on the hover state of the component. The default and hover

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share project file for review through any cloud service? Please check the structure of the objects in layers panel. May be you have some object that overload created "button" object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heres a link to the prototype: https://xd.adobe.com/view/d1d4623b-9f57-4e58-818c-6ef5cbb2de82-8487/

The layers could be the problem as I'm pretty new to XD and not completely familiar with the right way to do everything haha

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the link. In order to suggest the next course of action, we'll need access to the actual file and I'd also request you to share a small video capturing the workflow and what's exactly is happening, we'll try our best to help you with it.

I also found a helpful article related to component states, which you can refer here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/work-with-components-xd.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rissel.

A few things to look out for when working with hover states:

1. Make sure all your components with hover states are set to the default state when you create / update the prototype. If they are set to the hover state, it is already "activated", so nothing will hapen when you hover the element.

2. When linking an element with a hover state to do something (transition to another artboard, scroll to, etc.), create the link while on the hover state of the component. The default and hover states can have different links. The default normally links to the hover state, and the hover links to whatever action you need it to do.

3. Nested hovers don't work yet. If you have a component with a hover state, and within that hover state you have another component with hover, the second level hover will not work.

Hopefully these tips will help you figure it out.

If not, upload the file somewhere and link it here, as Ares requested, so we can have a look.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://matruecannabis.com/en/experience/create
Hi, so on Hover state, I changed the opacity
If I click on Default state, it's suppose to go back to original opacity
But instead, Default state followed & remained with Hover state.
Help please, Thank You !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there. When changing the opacity of a different state, make sure you have selected the elements inside the component and not the component itself, as this changes the opacity of the whole component, no matter what state it's in.

image.png

Think of the component as a container that holds all its states and elements. If you change the opacity of the container, everything inside it is affected as well. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines