• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD is crashing while opening existing files after latest update XD 34.1

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to version 34.1.12, all of my files that I was previously working on are no longer responsive. I am able to start new files smoothly but all of my old files constantly freeze up and cause the app to crash. I have months worth of work on these files that I now cannot edit or even copy paste to a new file due to this. How can I either edit these files without it crashing or copy the artboards from these into a new and functional XD file? 

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Hi Luke5C81,

Sorry for the trouble, I understand how frustrating this could be. I'd love to help you with this. please share the following details so that we can proceed appropriately. 

• Is there's an error message that you get while opening the existing file?  
  • Were these files saved locally or as a Cloud document? 
  • Would it be possible for you to share the corrupted file?
  • Please collect the logs from your machine using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke5C81,

Sorry for the trouble, I understand how frustrating this could be. I'd love to help you with this. please share the following details so that we can proceed appropriately. 

• Is there's an error message that you get while opening the existing file?  
  • Were these files saved locally or as a Cloud document? 
  • Would it be possible for you to share the corrupted file?
  • Please collect the logs from your machine using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html. Upload the logs and the corrupted file to CC or Dropbox and share the link via PM (Click on my profile picture and click "Send a Message")
  • Which OS build are you using?

If you're getting any error message while opening the file, please check this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/kb/fix-issues-with-xd-cloud-documents.ug.html. Please try to create another admin account on your machine and check if you're able to open the existing files. 

Awaiting your response. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Luke,

It's been a while we haven't heard back from you. Are you still experiencing the issue? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines